Who do We beat the rest of the season?

I have absolutely no idea how our Mean Green will respond from here on out. We may go on a winning streak, or completely bomb out, going 1-10. Based on what I've seen so far, we must improve in play calling and better play on the field, as well. We are rebuilding? Or just tumbling downhill with this coaching staff? I just don't have a clue on what to really think.

Consider this: Baylor is really playing great football now. SMU wins in Legion Field in Birmingham. They were a 20 point underdog to UAB, but found a way to win. We have to find ways to win. Period. Find a way to WIN!!!! Good coaching is very important right now, so Darrell and Ramon....time to get to WORK!!!!!!!

I have absolutely no idea how our Mean Green will respond from here on out. We may go on a winning streak, or completely bomb out, going 1-10. Based on what I've seen so far, we must improve in play calling and better play on the field, as well. We are rebuilding? Or just tumbling downhill with this coaching staff? I just don't have a clue on what to really think.

Consider this: Baylor is really playing great football now. SMU wins in Legion Field in Birmingham. They were a 20 point underdog to UAB, but found a way to win. We have to find ways to win. Period. Find a way to WIN!!!! Good coaching is very important right now, so Darrell and Ramon....time to get to WORK!!!!!!!

Anyone else beginning to see a trend with many non-BCS football programs of up one season/down the next. Tulsa U and UHouston seem to be doing that this year when they were so BAAAADDDDDDDDD last year.

Im seeing a trend of so many of these non BSC teams passing us, mad.gif

So. We passed them a few years back and they are now catching up and passing us. It's a cyclical thing unless you become a Boise and even they are showing tell-tale signs of slipping. I don't like it and am not particularly pleased with this season at all, but it is not entirely unexpected. Anybody who thought an entirely new DL, a freshman QB and some chaos in the OL would NOT result in a drop-off was living in fantasy land.

For next year, I am more worried about the DL than I am the OL. The OL will develop over time, even losing Lineberry and May. The DL, unless Raymond can regain eligibility and J. Miller can really progress is talent short.

As for QB. I think that Meager will either improve dramatically throughout the season or we will find someone else.

So. We passed them a few years back and they are now catching up and passing us. It's a cyclical thing unless you become a Boise and even they are showing tell-tale signs of slipping. I don't like it and am not particularly pleased with this season at all, but it is not entirely unexpected. Anybody who thought an entirely new DL, a freshman QB and some chaos in the OL would NOT result in a drop-off was living in fantasy land.

For next year, I am more worried about the DL than I am the OL. The OL will develop over time, even losing Lineberry and May. The DL, unless Raymond can regain eligibility and J. Miller can really progress is talent short.

As for QB. I think that Meager will either improve dramatically throughout the season or we will find someone else.

The non-BCS is one helluva' strange fraternity. Look at TCU who didn't go to a bowl game last year in an era where there seems to be bowl game around any street corner; yet here are the Horned Frogs possibly fixin' to win the MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE for heavens sake?!?!?!? blink.gif Without a Big 4 BCS bowl game in sight for the MWC winner this year, anyone think there may also be some disappointed faces in Cowtown with that one of the major reasons they shucked the CUSA in the first place? rolleyes.gif (I still think it was a long-term smart move by TCU and I think time will prove this to be the case).

Also, anyone else think when we finish "ALL" projects at Eagle Point Campus that we will reduce (significantly) the number of non-BCS schools who would pass us in any year? rolleyes.gif (I do)...........Right now, this seems to be taking place every other year with said non-BCS school down one year and then up the next. With this current trend, NORTH TEXAS should have a banner year in 2006! tongue.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

These OU comparisons are ridiculous. Oklahoma has the recruiting power, the coaching, and the history of winning behind it. Everyone knows, without question, that OU will get better and be back in the running for a National Title. Improvement for the Sooners will be sooner than later

Can you honestly say the same about a DD lead North Texas?? Can one put confidence in a history with an overrall losing coaching record, 4 SBC titles, and an abyssmal OOC record??

Edited by Got5onIt

Even mentioning this team in comparison to any BCS team is ludicrous. We've proven in the blow out losses to Tulsa and K-State that we are non-competitive even against average mid majors, and look at comparative scores around the SBC and you'll see that we are the worst of the lot against OOC competition. It's time to question where we are headed and can present leadership make us competitive. I see apathy as a bad coaches' best friend and apathy will again be the norm at NT sooner than later.

I never compared us to OU but our situations are similar. They are used to winning conference championships, and we are used to winning conf. champ. They have a great soph. running back, we have one as well. They have a redshirt frosh. QB we have a redshirt frosh QB. They have a young inexperienced O-line and defense we have it as well. My point is we are having a down year and we are not the only one, so since we need to get rid of our entire staff maybe since OU is 2-3 maybe they should do the same thing.

These OU comparisons are ridiculous.

I think the comparison is valid. Any team can end up with no depth.

The point is they have an easier road to recovery than we do; facilities, money, BCS, etc. Stoops is also under much more scrutiny. His fans will forgive him this year, but if he doesn't produce next year, you'll hear rumblings in Norman.