-----The sky Ain't falling ------

eulesseagle

This is the first time, in quite a while, that DD and RF had a balanced attack!!!

We still have to remember that we have a relatively young team without too much experience.

You will have to admit that DD and RF balanced the offense with about 1/2 & 1/2 pass / run. When has that happened before??? At least we know that DD and RF are begining to realize that pounding the ball up the middle this year is not going to work. Give them credit for the adjustments and implementing the adjustments. We all knew that the adjustments were going to have to come. And now when they have some of you "still" want to lambast the coaching staff instead of supporting them!!! What gives???

Meager is still a red shirt freshman but you will have to admit he is getting better.

Would a JC transfer QB done better???? who knows.......

All we know is that DD & RF feel that Meager is the guy that is going to lead the team for the next 4 years......DD recruited him, coaches him, knows him and his ability!!!

We are going to have to realize this year will have to be a time to implement a balanced attack and that is GOOD. Since DD has been here many of you have complained about NO innovation....same 'ol same 'ol plays. NOW, since he opened the game up last night you still complain. Look at the POSITIVE side of things last night:

1. Meager is getting better.

2. Balaced attack.

3. Great kicker.

4. Cobbs and Thomas still look good and uninjured.

5. Innovation in play calling.....of course it still needs refinement but still looked good.

The sky AIN'T FALLING!!!

Support DD, RF and the Team....they are all still growing!!!!

Meager is still a red shirt freshman but you will have to admit he is getting better.

Would a JC transfer QB done better???? who knows.......

All we know is that DD & RF feel that Meager is the guy that is going to lead the team for the next 4 years......DD recruited him, coaches him, knows him and his ability!!!

Look at the POSITIVE side of things last night:

1.  Meager is getting better.

2.  Balaced attack.

3.  Great kicker.

4.  Cobbs and Thomas still look good and uninjured.

5.  Innovation in play calling.....of course it still needs refinement but still looked good.

Well spoken. Most are still very much with this team. They are very young and some of us expected a down year this season with so much inexperience. I think I am going to have to differ with you on a point or two...but you are right on the money with your support.

1. Meager does not appear to be getting better... IF the Troy DB's and linebackers could catch, Meager would not have had the ball to run for that TD. On that drive alone a linebacker dropped the first INT, then the free safety dropped another sure INT. Meager could very well have thrown 5 picks last night. We were all commenting that he is throwing now without making his reads? Three times into three-man coverage, and on the second pick Danny threw into tripple-coverage? I watched some of the game-replay last night on ESPN and the commentators were as confused as we were? That does not mean I've given up on Danny, but he clearly struggled last night reading defenses. That is not a problem he has had before?

2. Balanced attack: Yes, from a game-planning standpoint you are right. But how many times last night did Troy stack 9 men in the box and we ran into it? I know there is a fine line between the gameplan versus what Meager can audible out of. However, the plays are apparently run "as-called" regardless of what the defense shows him? Maybe "balance" is not the word for our offense here..."predictable" may be better.

3. Coach Dickey has suggested that Matt Phillips will get some playing time, but we have yet to see him, other than the last couple of drives in K-State. Is DD worried that a move like that could hurt Meager's confidence? OR maybe Phillips is not as ready as we were told?

I have already accepted that this is the "Year of Learning" for this young team. I can live with it..really. I trust in Coach Dickey, and expect next years team to be better. This year, show me some improvement...and the Defense is starting to do that. Now we need to shore-up the run D, and get the passing game on track.

Someone might also tell TJ not to jam a receiver downfield if the play is over...

GMG!!! dry.gif