Baylor...

ipEAGLE

---Being a member of the Big-XII helps recruiting......plus some recruits look at Baylor and think they can play almost immediately but would have to wait for years at Texas or A&M.... so they pick Baylor. Some recruits do not really want to go to huge universities such as Texas or A&M either. And some attend Baptist Churches and have heard about them forever.

---Being a member of the Big-XII helps recruiting......plus some recruits look at Baylor and think they can play almost immediately but would have to wait for years at Texas or A&M.... so they pick Baylor. Some recruits do not really want to go to huge universities such as Texas or A&M either. And some attend Baptist Churches and have heard about them forever, Baptists are the largest religious group in Texas..

---Being a member of the Big-XII helps recruiting......plus some recruits look at Baylor and  think they can play almost immediately but would have to wait for years at Texas or A&M.... so they pick Baylor.  Some recruits do not really want to go to huge universities such as Texas or A&M either.  And some attend Baptist Churches and have heard about them forever.

maybe some of that has to do with recruiting, but I don't understand why our coaches can't argue "hey you can go get the crap knocked out of you every week by the big boys, or you can get to go to a bowl game every year."

maybe some of that has to do with recruiting, but I don't understand why our coaches can't argue "hey you can go get the crap knocked out of you every week by the big boys, or you can get to go to a bowl game every year."

Do you really think there are a lot of recruits out there that don't think they belong with the big boys? IMO I would not want a recruit that doesn't think or know he can play with anyone. You are also making a big assumption if you believe NT is a lock for bowl games in the future. Also any of the "big boys" who have even an average year will get a bowl game.

Thanks for the good comments about the Bears. It was a tough loss but I think the program is going in the right direction. I will have to wait and see if this loss sinks the ship or will just make them play harder. As for the Mean Green, good luck Tuesday night and I will be there to watch in person. I didn't get to go to A&M today so I have to get my football fix in somewhere. My prediction:

UNT 23

Troy 20

It won't be pretty but Dickey will find a way to win this one.

Just got back from the game.

Boring game, heat was tretcherous, seats on the very top of stadium.

Overall-Very,very,very freakin impressed with Baylor. By my count, It could have been 37-10 BU. So many dropped picks, one muffed punt return, two missed field goals.

I got a moderate reaction to my mean green shirt. Some people thought I was a baylor fan though dry.gif

This game really under-whelmed me. I heard you couldn't even hear the person next to you when the opposing team was on offense because it was so loud. That was not true. Mcneal is way overrated. Bad throws all day.

Baylor seems to be a legit bowl team this year.

But what I wanna know is how did they turn it around so fast after we beat then 52-14?

Coaching?

Coaching is the major difference. Baylor has been in the big 12 for 10 years, and a baptist school much longer and it didn't seem to help them very much over the years. Coaching is the difference.

At the end of that year we beat them their coach stated publicly that he had some seniors that just needed to graduate and move on. I had never seen a coach be so direct and to the point. He culled their slackers and nearly beat a&m twice in only three seasons.

Rick

The gold helmets are no more, my friend. A lot of the oldtimers are having a stomachknot about it, but from what I've read on Baylorfans, it's a player decision.

First- Baylor steals our Battle Flag (makes me downright mad for obvious reason)

Now- Baylor steals our color scheme while basically abandoning their school colors.

What's next? Are they gonna steal our band uni's and fight song?

and don't forget MeanGreenDork...they stole our pride last year too. Baylor is not as bad as they have been but let's not get carried away folks. Texas A&M is not what they were either. I hope Baylor can win a game in the Big 12 but 3 or 4? This is not the best year for the Big 12 but no way the Bears of BU win 2 conference games.

Coaching is the major difference.  Baylor has been in the big 12 for 10 years, and a baptist school much longer and it didn't seem to help them very much over the years.  Coaching is the difference.

At the end of that year we beat them their coach stated publicly that he had some seniors that just needed to graduate and move on.  I had never seen a coach be so direct and to the point.  He culled their slackers and nearly beat a&m twice in only three seasons. 

Rick

Also heard that Guy Morris was NOT satisfied with a moral victory " playing close is like taking a shower with your sister"--- that's the attitude it takes to WIN. Remember each loss gets easier for a team with no pride and NT has pulled two big time stinkers in a row!!

I was at the game in the NE corner of the endzone and Baylor was the dominant team. Hard to believe, but they were clearly the better team from start to finish. The scoreboard would of probably refelected that if it were not for the turnovers and some bad coaching decisions. Why not go for a field goal opportunity with 58 seconds left and the ball around your own 40? Bad decision for a road team that was moving the ball pretty well all day long.

Baylor's green helmets came about b/c the players asked for them. They were ready to go last season but were never used. They were used for the 1st time in our only home game this year, and caused quite a stir among the BU faithful. The story is that the gold ones have paint flaking issues and were sent back to the manufacturer to be fixed. We were supposed to have them back for the A&M game, but now should have them for our next game at Iowa St. The green ones are supposed to be used only a couple of games per season with the gold as the main helmet. In a poll on baylorfans 2/3rds prefer the gold helmets.

Yes, we lost to A&M but outplayed them. Couldn't score when we got inside the 20. Most BU fans are confident we can beat ISU this week and Ok St the last week, and hope we can find another win in between to get to 6-5 and bowl eligible.