I may be overreacting a little bit

TheColonyEagle

1st: Meager was 10-15, nothing spectacular, but no interceptions, completed a long pass, led the offense and the coaching staff did a good job with him. He made some rookie mistakes, but the first game jitters are behind him. His confidence HAS to be soaring right now.

2nd: The defense gave up yards, but didn't "break" Forcing turnovers, making big plays, the first game jitters are behind them. Their confidence HAS to be soaring right now.

3rd: I don't read too much into Jamario's reduced role. He looked a step slower to me for the most part (except for that long run where he exploded through the line and split the secondary) I still think he may be a little ginger on his hammy. Patrick Cobbs is still Patrick Cobbs. In my opinion, he carried this team last night with his play, and his leadership - both vocal and non vocal. Jamario will have his chances but it was great seeing #43 out there doing his thing.

4th: The stats didn't look great, but I thought the offensive line was pretty good overall. There were times when the D-Line seemed to push them around, but there were also some pretty big holes opened up and they'll get more consistant as they gel. The big question mark there was Chad Rose. The first game jitters are behind them. Their confidence has to be high righ now.

5th: The coaching was excellent last night. It's funny, the things a lot of fans have blasted DD and the coaching staff for in the past won us that game last night. I told a friend before the game if we have 0 turnovers in the game we will have a chance. The first game jitters are behind them and their confidence has to be high right now.

There is a common theme to those few points. The first game jitters are behind the team and their confidence has to be high righ now. The bottom line is we came out of this game with a win. Our young, untested defense held the best offense in the conference to 7 points. I don't think that can be overlooked.

Man, I'm still sky high from this win, because I think it was just HUGE. I was not feeling good going into this game, but DD and his coaching staff were the difference.

I hope the team is confident, fired up, and a big crowd shows up next week. Patrick, Jamario, and the O-Line have to be licking their chops after seeing Peterson go for 220 and 3 TDs yesterday against a team that has had trouble against the run the past few seasons.

Should be fun next Saturday.

4th: The stats didn't look great, but I thought the offensive line was pretty good overall. There were times when the D-Line seemed to push them around, but there were also some pretty big holes opened up and they'll get more consistant as they gel. The big question mark there was Chad Rose. The first game jitters are behind them. Their confidence has to be high righ now.

I do not disagree that Chad Rose definitely showed some first game jitters. At points during the game, I actually thought he stunk it up! Howver, the more I though about it, he actually did decent considering the circumstances. FIRST, it was the first game, SECOND, would YOU like to block someone like Jeff Little john??? ohmy.gif

Seriously...I think they will all do better next weekend, after this first, crucial game. wink.gif

My thoughts on a few things:

T.J. Covington- very solid game. A couple nice hits early and if I recall correctly wasnt thrown at very much after that. Should help our young secondary out alot.

Chad Rose- Good game for his first start. Yeah he got beat by Littlejohn a couple times but there were still some good running lanes right up the gut.

Defense as a whole- played well. We got stops when we needed them... Mendoza and Holman look like they are really maturing. We'll need to carry this confidence over to next week if we want to beat Tulsa.

I have a question about the game. I had to leave the radio with a few minutes to go. At that time, UNT had just kicked a field goal but there were flags down.

What happened? The final score indicates that the field goal didn't count, but

I can't seem to find out what happened.

That was an exciting game, though. I'm so glad it's football season again.

Guest UNTMike81*

On the field goal their was penalty against MUTS which gave us a first down and goal on the 1 1/2 yard line or so. MUTS was out of time outs so DD just ran out the clock and we won 14-7!!! DD didn't want to run up the score or have something like Marshall losing to K State when Marshall should have won on a last minute FG.

Not many, if any coaching mistakes against MUTS by DD and his staff.