A Coaching Clinic

greensteve

There is no doubt in my mind what I witnessed last night was a Coaching Clinic. Dickey flat out, out coach the Andy Mac. There was no flash to our game at all...but what Dickey did was keep his poise which translated to our players...I wached on TV as muts coach screemed, hollard, yelled at the refs, etc, etc. Dickey moreless kept his cool and gave us a change to win this game in the end. I know there were plays made on the field that led to the win...that obvious. Coach Dickey deserve a lot of credit...A LOT!!!!! To take your team into hostile territory, with freshman all over the field, not to mention having to sit out an extra week before you can star the season....speaks to the Coach this guy is...he prepped them wel/ (players and asst coaches). He should be commended for a job well done...God forbid if the score would have been reversed---some would be calling for his head.

Cheers to you Coach Dickey and your Staff...on a Job Well Done!!!

I think you will be presently surprised Sat when you have close to 20,000 fans watching YOUR TEAM!

Props to Dickey and Flanagan.

IMO this game could have easily been lost if someone with more "imagination" than Flanagan and Dickey had been calling the plays for the offense.

It is too bad there is no alternate universe or an absolutely realistic football simulation game that would give all Mean Green fans an opportunity to call the plays in the game with MTSU.

If I had been calling the plays, NT would probably have had 2 or 3 passes intercepted and lost.

Usually, I am not a big fan of the DD playbook, on both offense and defense. After last night, however, I have to admit, the man has some mad skills.

I was most impressed with the improvement on the D. Our guys looked alert and ready to play. I heard several names multiple times last night - Graves, Holman, Mendoza, and Covington. Branch also had some moments of good D, despite having to learn a new position on the other side of the ball. Covington... man, that guy can hit!!!! I was worried that the loss of Buckles and Knowlton would make our D soft, but I have nothing to fear. I believe that as these guys continue to play, they will get better and better.

As far as offense goes, I liked that they let Meager pass some. That first pass was a little scary, but it's good for him to get a rhythm. I liked that although we weren't really able to establish our running game as we liked, we were still able to keep them honest with the pass. Both JMo and PC had a few good carries, and the announcers on TV had nothing but praise for the guys. I was a little disappointed not to see more of both of them in the backfield, but I think DD is holding a few tricks back.

I would also like to give DD props for a very classy end to the game. We were facing our biggest rivals and we could have beaten them by 14, but he chose the classy route and let them lose by only 7. Very classy.

The 8-men on the line D for the MUTS could be a sign of things to come against other opponents. They were pretty effective in stopping our running game, and Littlejohn made a lot of good plays. I'm a little worried about our running game, although I think JMo and PC are good enough (along with our O-line) to persevere in the long haul. Also, I think allowing Meager to pass some, and showing off our impressive receivers (JQ is amazing!) will make others think twice before giving up the pass.

Props to Dickey and Flanagan.

IMO this game could have easily been lost if someone with more "imagination" than Flanagan and Dickey had been calling the plays for the offense.

It is too bad there is no alternate universe or an absolutely realistic football simulation game that would give all Mean Green fans an opportunity to call the plays in the game with MTSU.

If I had been calling the plays, NT would probably have had 2 or 3 passes intercepted and lost.

I agree. That was the best thing about it. Dickey and Co. stayed PATIENT with the gameplan, kept within themselves, and didn't panic or waiver. Very few coaches have that type of resolve. Heck, the Oakland Raiders completely abandoned their gameplan when they were 7 down form the Pats on Thursday night.

Big props to The Buick.

Good points by GreenSteve...now be prepared to be added to the "Moron post of the week" on the other board. Anything positive about the double D is not acceptable over on The Bitter Board.

By the way, I think we got beat in at least 2 of 3 (offense, defense and special teams)...I give us special teams.

MTSU outplayed us, but we found a way to win...we earned many of those turnovers. I humbly think we would win this game later in the year decidedly, because I think NT has huge upside. Now that I know that we beat MTSU, I think the postponement of the LSU game was a big win for us.

So maybe I can deflect for you GreenSteve...maybe this will override you for moron post of the week, huh Scottie?