Future games at Fouts with notable opponents

Rock

I realize taht not everyone likes the Fouts facility, but it is better than some others that are getting teams to come to their house.

No reflection on FAU as I am a psuedo fan since my parents live close to the campus - down on the water - its a nice place to be. I am really pulling for FAU tonight. However, OK State is playing in florida against FAU on national TV in a stadium that is being used off campus until FAU can get a stadium built. I have been to the stadium, saw them play Colgate in the 1-AA semi finals a couple years ago. Plain and simple, Fouts is a better facility and would provide a least the same fan base - most likely bigger as OK State players could travel to north Texas fairly easily (close by).

Why cant we get that type of game? Think of the $ and competition it would bring our team.

I realize Im preaching to the chior - just want to see if there is some knowledgeable guys/gals out there that might have more insight. And please - I dont care to hear any Fouts bashing. Lets foucs on what we can control and the positives.

RV - if u are reading this -- any news about future competition? THANKS for scheduling smu!! I love to hate that team.

Thanks.

okay - so why couldnt we play at cowboy stadium --- we did so with A&M and drew a nice crowd. Just thinking out loud. I would take cowboy stadium and national exposure on thursday night.

Perhaps Im just a little frustrated.

I am still waiting for the Air force game and soem other teams to come to our house.

----Students obviously prefer the game to be on campus(some don't havae transportation or want to drive into Dallas) and most alums like to come back to campus to visit. Texas Stadium doesn't fit our needs plus we aren't filling Fouts that often. Bigger names would not be much more likey to play games there with possibly the exception of some Texas teams who would bring a lot of their owm fans. An occasional game might be a success however the Tech game at Texas Stadium wasn't that big of one especially with NT fans. Dallas tech went largely because it rare Tech plays in Dallas area anymore.

---What you are suggesting has been tried... Even SMU moved out of the Cotton Bowl and back onto their campus.... however their fan support disappeared after the "death penality" for constant cheating plus they apparently could not win much without cheating.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66