Is there a final depth chart for saturday?

FirefightnRick

INteresting notes off of the depth chart:

Wow - true freshman Joe Miller 2nd string at NT. Supposedly Miller (6-3, 275) is VERY talented and it will be interesting to see how he fares.

Second wow, 6-2 true fresh Kartey Agbottah is the 2nd string FS after Roderick Cotton. I think we might see some Steve Warren out there behind Aarron Weathers although they have Higgs listed as #2.

At DE notice Ransom is #2 behind Hutcheson. Keep an eye on Mr. Ransom.

At LB, Holman is starting ahead of John Denver's boy Monroe.

4 top receivers are Quinn Muzzy Jackson and Nwigwe. Gotta think they will get Stickler in there some as well. Gawsh we are deep here, Branch will play as well!

Freshman Truman Spencer from Mesquite will be our starting punter...

Beau Davidson is the deep snapper and Eddrick Gilmore is backing him up.

Cobbs is returning kicks along with Muzzy.

Davidson is the starting TE backed up by Harmon. You just know that Chaney will play as well. Nice to have a little depth there.

Starting OLine looks stout. Venegas looks to be the 6th man. Odd to not see any JUCO's there. Can't wait to see Lineberry and May tandem at guard.

My boy Travis Thompson is behind Mendoza. Man Travis will be like a rabid dog on the sidelines. God help the first blue jersey he gets a hold of.

I know the sincere intent and concern here, but college smack board are getting a reputation among the home team coaching staffs as giving the enemy way more injury info that they should have to find out (somehow) on their own.

For instance, NT DT John Doe hurts his ankle 2 days before the Big Game, so we announce it on GMG.com and then the Blue Raiders coaches tell their players to zero in on MG DT John Doe's ankles and take him out.

The MT board on Rivals has a stipulation that no injuries will be discussed and I think we should be doing the same. Just my .02 on this subject.

I know the sincere intent and concern here, but college smack board are getting a reputation among the home team coaching staffs as giving the enemy way more injury info that they should have to find out (somehow) on their own.

For instance, NT DT John Doe hurts his ankle 2 days before the Big Game, so we announce it on GMG.com and then the Blue Raiders coaches tell their players to zero in on MG DT John Doe's ankles and take him out.

The MT board on Rivals has a stipulation that no injuries will be discussed and I think we should be doing the same.  Just my .02 on this subject.

I heard that PC and JT have weak arms and arm-tackling them might be a good idea. Shhh. Don't tell TMS rolleyes.gif

IF we don't lose any more starters for next year, we have 18 returning. That includes Mr. Lineberry.

On offense we lose Cobbs, May and possibly Lineberry.

I think Venegas is pushing May, Jamario is pushing Cobbs smile.gif and nobody pushing Lineberry-I hope he's back.

On defense we lose Miller, Hutchinson, Covington, Branch.

I don't know what to say about this group. Do we have any bodies left at DT to be pushing Miller? Hutchinson may not be starting by years end.

Don't we have like 9000 DB's on scholarship to be pushing Covington and Branch?

I would have felt a lot better about this season if the DT's had panned out like I had wished. It would have also been a good looking future.

Here's to Sky Pruitt, Monty Stevenson, Chris Miller and Joseph Miller helping us forget T.J. Raymond. Get well soon Issac Thomas!

With our depth at LB I say we invent the new 2-5-4 defense. Holman, Graves Monroe, Mendoza, and Thompson all on the field at once

Ive seen a similar defense used against Texas Tech, i think it was a 2-3-6, but i like the idea of a 2-5-4. All you have to do here is walk two lbs up like stand up d ends (much like the 3-4) and force those big slow o lineman to chase our lbs around the field trying to block them

Jeez we just can't catch a break at DT. First Thomas, then Raymond and now Doe. When will it end?

OK, I will break the code of silence that I requested earlier about NT injuries being reported on this forum but as far as DT Doe goes?

Here's a toe-nail sketch on MG defensive tackle John Doe's situation: It seems that John Doe has broken his toe.

OK, Coach MAC, you read it first on GMG.com! Now have your players stepping on Doe's toes all Saturday night long you Doe-toe hater. blink.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Good to see that the Mean Green are ranked at the top in something.  Nationally, only Navy and Marshall will start fewer returning starters than us on saturday.  We currently will start 8 including only two on defense.  unsure.gif

Rick

Not to jump too far ahead here, but if ANYONE in the sunbelt conference has any hope of knocking us off, they better do it this year.

This team is going to be scary next year.

Guest JohnDenver

Tulsa uses a 3-3-5 defense. Two of those safeties come up and play like linebackers in running situations ... essentially a 3-5-3.

It was interesting to watch. They are listed in the ESPN bottom 10 though.