Cobb Thomas article in ESPN Magazine

NorthTexan95

Just got my ESPN Magazine and there's a 2.5 page, 5 picture article about Cobb and Thomas. That would be 2.5 pages of text, not including one full page picture of the duo and the full page article lead in. Just wish they could have gotten a pic of the two at the new athletic center.

This is definately an article to save.

Edited by NorthTexan95

Probably not, but the article did have this cool quote:

"And nowhere else in America, nowhere, will you find two running backs who have each led the nation in rushing and yet happily share the same room on the road, let alone the same huddle. Maybe Michigan or USC could learn something from lil old North Texas. Want to see the best football? LSU's your team. But if you want to see the purest football..."

Probably not, but the article did have this cool quote:

"And nowhere else in America, nowhere, will you find two running backs who have each led the nation in rushing and yet happily share the same room on the road, let alone the same huddle.  Maybe Michigan or USC could learn something from lil old North Texas.  Want to see the best football?  LSU's your team.  But if you want to see the purest football..."

I think the TV networks took the purity factor out of college football long ago. sad.gif

It is my hope when UT, TAMU and similar school's head football coaches start making up to $5 million annually, then college administrators across the NCAA should hold a pow-wow and end this "we're going to top you" attitude that the upper echelon schools of NCAA D1-A have created; and that , of course, because of the almighty dollar.

I am for anyone making a good living (and think our NT coaches are all under-paid at the moment), but some of this at other NCAA quarters is getting completely out of hand.