Here's what we got to play for......

FirefightnRick

...to become 1-0 for the first time in 9 seasons and only the third time the past 11.

The Middle couldn't ask for a better chance to ambush the Mean Green. I know many think us losing the LSU game helps, maybe it does but I'm not convinced? It's scary not to know what we are going to have next week. We lose a lot of game experience by many players who will be starting for their first time. A cherry QB, center and deep snapper on offense. Only one DB with any kind of experience facing a spread offense, a completely new defensive line and now this week we lost one of those guys too?

Nah, we got them right where we want em! huh.gif

Go Mean Green!

One and 'O with Nine to go!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I think it is entirely possible playing the LSU game hurts us out the gate. Look at the UT game last year. We came back and laid an egg against FAU. Ofcourse they were coming off a good upset and our team was mourning Andrew.

We run our plays and we get stuffed by the UT D and then trampled by their O. It has to wear on the player's confidence. I don't care what supposed caliber the other team supposedly is.

I think we win the MT game. Don't forget that our D was absolutely putrid heading into that game last year and we started down 14-0 before our D finally held---slightly. As I remember that game they moved the ball pretty easily on us but we kept them out the endzone when we had to. I think that the D will be fine and can play no worse than they did at the start of that game last year. The Offense is my concern. We just need the QB to not lose the game...throw a few INTS and fumble a few snaps and we could be in trouble, though.