Help or hurt the team?

IslandEagle

Not sure if anyone will know this but...do you think that LSU will pay any portion of the $500k to NT.  After all it was there call to cancell the game.

Not trying to be heartless here but they preached the contract not NT.  I wonder if there is a preach of contract clause that states portions of the alloted amount will be paid upon breach of contract.

I'm sure there is a Mother Nature clause in there too.  Just trying to get some money out of this game regardless if we play or not.

I agree this is great news we open with MUTS...we'll kick the holy sh*t out of them then come back to Fouts, WIN,  and be looking right down the barrell of the Purple pansies from 2-0...beat them we're 3-0 and off to the races. 

Someone call NO tell them to get OUR QUARTER cleaned up...we'll be there in a few months.

Happy Football Season Everyone!!!!!

We will be happy to release them from contract if they give us a basketball game in Denton! dry.gif

Not sure if anyone will know this but...do you think that LSU will pay any portion of the $500k to NT.  After all it was there call to cancell the game.

Not trying to be heartless here but they preached the contract not NT.  I wonder if there is a preach of contract clause that states portions of the alloted amount will be paid upon breach of contract.

I'm sure there is a Mother Nature clause in there too.  Just trying to get some money out of this game regardless if we play or not.

I agree this is great news we open with MUTS...we'll kick the holy sh*t out of them then come back to Fouts, WIN,  and be looking right down the barrell of the Purple pansies from 2-0...beat them we're 3-0 and off to the races. 

Someone call NO tell them to get OUR QUARTER cleaned up...we'll be there in a few months.

Happy Football Season Everyone!!!!!

The game is only postponed, not cancelled.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

NT's players will need to work very hard to try and make up for this lack of a serious game experience. On the other side, there are some positives for the program from this. Hopefully the coaching staff can capitalize on the opportunities from it.

It is going to take a long time for NO to recover. I saw pictures today at nola.com and it is really bad down there. The dome has taken a real beating and the beloved Quarter had at least a couple feet of water everywhere. I hope the Tropical Isle survives. I love those Hand Grenades.

Those people down there and the Mississippi coast and Mobile AL need your prayers.

See you in Murfreesboro then.

Well, there is a precedent... 9/11. We had a game with Bama that year (I think it was Bama) and they couldn't accomodate the game on another date so they paid us half (about $250K) and we picked up the Troy game in exchange (they were not in the Belt yet and gave us a 2-1 contract in order to get another home game that year)... which we lost, thus sending us to the bowl with a 5-6 record. I remember thinking that we had made a mistake by not just taking the check and calling it a season with 10 games... but at the time, we thought we would beat Troy.

So since is was LSU that postponed the game, I think that they are still contractually obligated to pay us - even if we cannot re-schedule the game. Just like Bama had to in 2001. But we will probably take a lower amount from them as a gesture of good faith and sportsmanship.

From a football standpoint, we had no business scheduling this game in the first place. Many of our fans (including myself) were refusing to make the trip because our last experience in Death Valley was so bad... there is a reason for my refusal to return to Baton Rouge - and while I feel terrible for the citizens of Louisiana due to Katrina, I do not feel bad about this game getting canceled/postposed - not one bit. I would rather have our QB's get broken in against the 0-1 MUTS (the MUTS will be 0-1 after losing their opener to Bama) in front of about 20k fans then have them try to figure out the speed of a IA game in front of 90K drunk Cajuns. It is said that there is so much noise made Death Valley that is registers on the Richter scale as an earthquake. In the South endzone it gets so loud that it is impossible for opposing QB's to audible or even communicate with their own center to hike the ball. Teams go in there and come out injured, humiliated, and deflated. I wasn't worried about the MUTS game being the 2nd week of the season, just that it was the week after the LSU game. Some of that burden has been lifted today.

And my prayers STILL go out to the citizens that were hit by the earthquake, may God be with them through their reconstruction.

I would think they would have to have insurance to cover the loss of revenue for "acts of god".    LSU stands to lose a lot more revenue by losing a home football game.  I don't think this game will be rescheduled for this year,  It may become our 12th game next season though.

I don't like the idea of having them as our 12th game next year since we are already playing UT.

It was Arkansas on 9-11 who paid a portion of the guarantee, allowed us to schedule 2 for 1 with Troy, and gave us a game in Little Rock the next year. Not considering the loss of revenue, there is nothing but good that can come out of this as we would have had the snot kicked out of a young team ala UT '04, MUTS are an SBC team not SEC. Our backs have an opportunity for success against the MUTS vs. 0 chance vs. LSU. MUTS have only to look forward to one hell of a beating vs. 'Bama. While we come in rested, injury free, and better prepared. Take whatever $$ we can get, schedule SFA, TX St. @ San Marcos or some other local 1-AA at end of year and forget LSU, as we will get plenty of a whipping at UT to start ' 06 tongue.gif . Just hope that game doesn't give SMU the edge I think it will. ' 05 Tulsa & La Tech are the OOCs that count this year and SMU is HUGE in ' 06. Other OOC are just good if the check clears and serve no other purpose.

Indiana and Vandy are fine...but I think we are thinking more regional...more costs involved with loading up an entire team on plana. LA TECH, TULSA....drivale in under 5 hours. While I like your idea...in my opinion we should stay more regional for now and grow into those far-away games.

Theres plenty around here to ge fired up about...SMU, TCU, HOU, RICE, Tulsa, Memphis, La Tech...throw in a TX St (just for the ass kickin) and you have a nice regional OOC schedule.