Scrimmagre To Be At Fouts

MeanGreen61

Football To Hold First Scrimmage On New Fouts Field Turf

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 08/26/2005

user posted image

Courtesy: Stephen Howard

The new Sportexe turf will host its first home game on Sept. 17 when the Mean Green take on Tulsa.

DENTON (8/26/05) - The Mean Green football team will get its first test of the new Fouts Field surface at Saturday morning's intersquad scrimmage.

The Sportexe Omnigrass field, which passed its final inspection yesterday, is a 100-percent rubber inlay surface and has been named one of the safest turfs in the world.

The squad's second scrimmage of the season is open to the public and begins at 8:30 a.m.

The Mean Green open the season at Louisiana State on Sept. 3.

I know the turf completion at our stadium was a day-to-day thing, but wouldn't tomorrow at Fouts Field have been a great time for a "Pick Your Seat" type of promotion to pull in even more new fans?

You'll be there, right Plumm?

You'll be there, right Plumm?

It will be the first Saturday this month I haven't had to work. I do plan to be there and probably sitting in one of my season tickets seats.

Can't wait to see the Mean Green and the new turf! (Also......VOERTMANS and probably work New York Subway into the ol' itinerary)! biggrin.gif

PS: 12 more posts to go.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Retiring as a writer ? rolleyes.gif No more novels about 1-35, famous faces at NT, Dr. Phil, the big donor or the multitude of NT grads in the metroplex? ph34r.gif

MG61, I have to be real selective with my response posts at this point, but post-7K posts, I will be working on some new material (if I can talk a certain GMG.com comedian to be my ghost-writer; I'll be working on a whole new image; also a pay raise from Harry rolleyes.gif and just in general, all that & a bag of chips. smile.gif

I will be signing autographs at tomorrows scrimmage (but for a price, of cour$e) cool.gif I have also been commissioned by Banty-Weight Books, Inc., to (in deed) write a book which they have promised me will be turned into a made-for-TV movie called: "PMG's Shootin' From the Hip With His Gol' Darn Loose Cannon One More Time (& 7,000 Reasons To Love or Hate Him). blink.gif SUMG gave me the idea for the part in parentheses. unsure.gif

BTW, MG61, "NT Alum" Dr. Phil McGraw has agreed to write the introduction to my book. "NT Alum" Larry McMurty told me if I'd just included Cowboys, Indians, Astronauts, a man named Woodrow and Texas-style lurid sex, he would have glady written the book intro. I told Larry thanks but no thanks as I do have some scruples left. NOTE: Sadly, I had to turn down SUMG who very badly wanted to do my book's intro, but I told him he just knew too many damn dark secrets that he would have been tempted to very happily put into my book's intro). ph34r.gif

To be honest, I'm getting real nervous about my post #7,000. No one has been in those uncharted smack board waters from GMG.com before.

Anyone want to suggest a theme for # 7,000? unsure.gif

MG61, I have to be real selective with my response posts at this point, but post-7K posts,  I will be working on some new material (if I can talk a certain GMG.com comedian to be my ghost-writer;  I'll  be working on a whole new image; also a pay raise from Harry rolleyes.gif and just in general, all that & a bag of chips. smile.gif

I will be signing autographs at tomorrows scrimmage (but for a price, of cour$e) cool.gif  I have also been commissioned by Banty-Weight Books, Inc.,  to (in deed) write a book which they have promised me will be turned into a made-for-TV movie called:  "PMG's Shootin' From the Hip With His Gol' Darn Loose Cannon One More Time (& 7,000 Reasons To Love or Hate Him). blink.gif    SUMG gave me the idea for the part in parentheses. unsure.gif

BTW, MG61,  "NT Alum" Dr. Phil McGraw has agreed to write the introduction to my book.  "NT Alum" Larry McMurty told me if I'd just included Cowboys, Indians, Astronauts, a man named Woodrow and Texas-style lurid sex,  he would have glady written the book intro.  I told Larry thanks but no thanks as I do have some scruples left.  NOTE:  Sadly, I had to turn down SUMG who very badly wanted to do my book's intro, but I told him he just knew too many damn dark secrets that he would have been tempted to very happily put into my book's intro). ph34r.gif

To be honest, I'm getting real nervous about my post #7,000.  No one has been in those uncharted smack board waters from GMG.com before.

My mistake, I hadda ask sad.gif

MG61, I have to be real selective with my response posts at this point, but post-7K posts,  I will be working on some new material (if I can talk a certain GMG.com comedian to be my ghost-writer;  I'll  be working on a whole new image; also a pay raise from Harry rolleyes.gif and just in general, all that & a bag of chips. smile.gif

I will be signing autographs at tomorrows scrimmage (but for a price, of cour$e) cool.gif  I have also been commissioned by Banty-Weight Books, Inc.,  to (in deed) write a book which they have promised me will be turned into a made-for-TV movie called:  "PMG's Shootin' From the Hip With His Gol' Darn Loose Cannon One More Time (& 7,000 Reasons To Love or Hate Him). blink.gif    SUMG gave me the idea for the part in parentheses. unsure.gif

BTW, MG61,  "NT Alum" Dr. Phil McGraw has agreed to write the introduction to my book.  "NT Alum" Larry McMurty told me if I'd just included Cowboys, Indians, Astronauts, a man named Woodrow and Texas-style lurid sex,  he would have glady written the book intro.  I told Larry thanks but no thanks as I do have some scruples left.  NOTE:  Sadly, I had to turn down SUMG who very badly wanted to do my book's intro, but I told him he just knew too many damn dark secrets that he would have been tempted to very happily put into my book's intro). ph34r.gif

To be honest, I'm getting real nervous about my post #7,000.  No one has been in those uncharted smack board waters from GMG.com before.

11 more posts to go Jim, you can squeak those out by tonight surely. I would suggest a post of 7,000 "smileys" and stuff. At least use every single one of them in the post since you are most famous for using the emoticons. dry.gifsad.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifmad.gifblink.gif

Almost as silly as a "Midnight Madness" - oh wait, that's right - there isn't enough interest for a Midnight Madness.  Sorry Garfield, no lasagna for you.

I gotta defend Gak on this one Stebo - but I think midnight madness would be great if done properly. In the middle of the day on a Saturday when good tailgating is going on - no way. At night - yes, I think there would be enough interest.

Several years ago, they put on 'midnight madness' on after a football game. It was pretty well attended. This was in the early Trilli days. The entire team was introduced with music and fog. Later, a dunk competition was held. Highlight was Deg Erskin jumping over a seated Vic Trilli. Kenneth Mangrum had some nice dunks as well. The Pit wasn't packed for that particular 'midnight madness' - not even close. But it probably had 10X the amount of people that show up at the middle of homecoming ones we have currently. (if we were ever to have a 'post game midnight madness' I would hope the AD would never make it after homecoming, that would be too much in one day for Joe Blow Fan.)

Oh yeah, Mangrum could fly

Well let's see, Plumm's 7000th post, an average of 1,000 words per post, hey, you've typed 7 million words on the 'ole board!

Not bad for a fan of the team that sits "at the great real estate that is I35E and I35W in Denton, TX..........."