Predictions for LSU

Eagle-96

OK, ok, I will back down a hair on my LSU prediction due to the fact that LSU will be resting their starters for the 2nd half. I see it as

LSWho 45

NT 6

We will have a starting QB(no matter who it is) that has never taken a snap in a college game. We have an O-line that will have a 3 new starters. 3 new starters in the defensive backfield, 4 new starters on the D-Line. LSU is ranked anywhere from 10-15 in most polls. We are playing on the road in probably the most difficult and loudest place to play in college football. Southern Miss blew us out of the Superdome and that was with Hall leading the way. LSU is much better than USM. I want us to win more than anything but I don't see us firing on all cylinders that early in the season.

Edited by Eagle-96

I don't think this game is impossible to win. But to do so we would need to have players in peak form across the board, both mentally and physically. We would need to have near-perfect execution. Our big guns would have to show up early and often, and we'd need at least a couple of takeaways.

All that, and LSU would have to be a little unprepared, or maybe be a little too cocky and woefully underestimate us.

Hey, little teams can beat big teams. That's part of the game, and it happens all the time in college football. But we should be prepared for the fact that LSU is more talented and better funded by an order of magnitude. That doesn't say anything at all bad about the guys we have, but LSU often gets the pick of the litter in recruiting, and teams who get the first picks talent-wise typically field better teams. A better team will be favored to win.

But, should LSU win, and win big, it would be wholly inappropriate for remarks to start surfacing about how Coach Dickey doesn't care about winning OOC games or that he plays them soft. I hear "LSU" at least half a dozen times every day during practice, and players across the board are going into this game thinking that they should put one over in Baton Rouge. Coach Dickey talks to his players constantly about not being content with being "best in the conference." IF we do get beat big, it won't be because any of the coaches or players didn't try. Come to some practices and see how hard these guys work. You'll see what I mean.

LSU - 35

NT - 17

Oh $hit, Oh $hit, Oh DEAR! Should we bother to show up?

I think it will be closer, guys. THEY have a few changes to go through, too, like new coaches, probably a new offense, injuries, first game just like us, etc. They DO have Death Valley, but we seem to be able to cope with OU and DKR stadiums just fine.

LSU 35

NT 14

Mark it down.

Oh $hit, Oh $hit, Oh DEAR!  Should we bother to show up?

I think it will be closer, guys.  THEY have a few changes to go through, too, like new coaches, probably a new offense, injuries, first game just like us, etc.  They DO have Death Valley, but we seem to be able to cope with OU and DKR stadiums just fine. 

LSU 35

NT  14

Mark it down.

Yep, I completely agree.

again...

LSU 62

NT 6

rolleyes.gif

NT - 17

LSU - 14

Baz kicks one through with time running out. All the LSU fans are stunned. Death Valley is as quiet and the LSU law library. SportsCenter that night runs with J-Mo and Cobbs taking it to the Purple Tigers. NT is in the sportlight for an entire week. MTSU concedes and cancels the game for the following week.

Oh Come ON! Can't a guy have a dream???

I may be wrong, but in the event that we do win, I will be one of about three who has it writen down....NT beats LSU.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

GMG

Stay healthy and prepare for MUTS:

LSU  52

NT  17

Do you actually think we will do that? If the coaches do that how do you think our players will respond?

We should play EVERY game to win!

ITS FOOTBALL... OUR PLAYERS COULD GET HURT IF WE WERE PLAYING A JUNIOR HIGH TEAM. And by the way, stop giving MTSU so much credit... what have they done?!

Edited by ipEAGLE

Yeah, we handled DKR really well last year.

And we've had so much success at LSU in the past

52-0

52-7

No need to predict a score but I think it will be ugly.

We will have less than 150 yards and I will be amazed if we hit double digits.

Here's to this being the last time we have to visit that hellhole.

Do you actually think we will do that?  If the coaches do that how do you think our players will respond? 

We should play EVERY game to win!

ITS FOOTBALL... OUR PLAYERS COULD GET HURT IF WE WERE PLAYING A JUNIOR HIGH TEAM.  And by the way, stop giving MTSU so much credit... what have they done?!

Did you forget the FAU game from last year? A team we should've easily handled but did not. Middle Tennessee could easily turn ugly. Losing to them that early in the year would hurt NT more than anything. mad.gifmad.gif

I doubt if any of the fans that want to stay healthty and prepare for the next game, ever competed in anything above little league. Number 1, a player or coach who would actually take this approach needs to quit and find something else to do. Someone who choses not to compete does not need to be close to the playing field. Second, I would like to see any stats that support that you get any more injuries playing USC than Arkansas State. Also would like to know how you go into the game with the goal of no injuries. Other than not playing someone, I do not know anyway to control injuries. Of course not playing someone only transfers the risk to someone else.

Sure some games are stressed more than others, but to give up before you take the field is unthinkable. Troy almost beat LSU last year, but I am sure they didn't have many fans that wanted to play half speed and save it for the Belt. UNT probably has the easiest non conference schedule in years, and some advocate less than full effort for what should be a showcase game for the University. I think many remember the total no show against Texas last year and abandoned all hope, but that was not a typical UNT performance. That was the only game I have witnessed in 30 years against the "big boys" that I was not impressed by the effort of the Green.

Knowing Les Miles' last few OSU teams style of play, and the fact that the personnel is similarly structured at LSU (strong lines, RBs, overall good defense), I think that we'll see LSU run the ball over and over again. They will come in knowing that we have ZERO experience on our DLine and will test it early and often. Who cares about their QB situation...he'll be used the way Andrew Smith was used for us in his RS Fr. year---very few chances if the game is close. For that reason, I don't expect this to be a blowout as long as our offense doesn't turn the ball over. LSU scores no more than 35.

Ok, the realistic portion of this post is over....so, that said, I have the Mean Green as National Champs this year in the office pool! ph34r.gif ...so:

LSU - 3

MEAN GREEN - 65

biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I think many remember the total no show against Texas last year and abandoned all hope, but that was not a typical UNT performance.  That was  the only game I have witnessed in 30 years against the "big boys" that I was not impressed by the effort of the Green.

I'll go back just 10 years. You were impressed with our effort in the following games?:

Kansas State 55

NT 10

ASU 53 (their only win of the year)

NT 28

Boise St 59

NT 0

LSU 52

NT 0

Nevada 65

NT 10

Arizona State 52

NT 7