What if you could bring back...

BIG DAWG

If you could bring one player back to play on our 2005 Mean Green team this season, who would it be and why?

Personally, I would bring back Booger Kennedy. With our DL the way it is, it sure would be nice to count on the pressure and playmaking ability of ol' 92. That would sure up our line even with all of the rest of our youth.

I would think of bringing back Scott Hall, but I think this is actually a GOOD year to break in a young QB with our current RB situation. I know some of you will think to bring back a better QB from years past, but I began my NT ride with Scott, so when I think of QB's I start with him

Who is your player to bring back and why?

If you could bring one player back to play on our 2005 Mean Green team this season, who would it be and why?

Personally, I would bring back Booger Kennedy.  With our DL the way it is, it sure would be nice to count on the pressure and playmaking ability of ol' 92.  That would sure up our line even with all of the rest of our youth.

I would think of bringing  back Scott Hall, but I think this is actually a GOOD year to break in a young QB with our current RB situation.  I know some of you will think to bring back a better QB from years past, but I began my NT ride with Scott, so when I think of QB's I start with him

Who is your player to bring back and why?

Andrew Smith. For obvious reasons, the least of which is football.

I would like to have all of those players back to, but it is if you could only have one.

I did not pick one of the LBers because I think our LBers will actually be a strength this year, more than people think right now.

While we are talking about D-Line help, what about Joe Greene?

I want to hear about some oldies, bring 'em out people.

Joe Greene could probably play today, but he would have a big adjustment because the players are bigger and faster than when he played college ball. Of course, he had the same adjustment to make when he went and played pro ball.

Just because I disagree with your assessment that the QB situation is not all that critical this year, I would tend to bring back a QB from our past. Probably Jordan Case, Joe Stevenson, Scott Davis or Mitch Maher. In that order.

If we were playing a "bombs away" offense, then naturally I would bring back Steve Ramsey.

Besides their accomplishments as QB's they just LOOKED like good QB's. cool.gif

Edited by SilverEagle

---Joe Greene....great player and class person. It would be interesting to see Joe and Cedric Hardeman side by side again. We will survive very well with a decent QB considering our running game. Ramsey would be fun to see again though.

---I am wondering how often we will see both Cobbs and Jamario together in the backfield... will we see the 2-back pro set used so much suring the 70's by the NFL? It is not that dated of an offense at least at the college level. Running something slightly different that most teams run can be an advantage since the opposing defenses are not that accustomed to seeing it..

Since we have so many questions at QB I would have to say Mitch Maher. He would keep defenses honest and would keep the safties off the line. PC and J-Mo would have an easier time of it. Imagine what Maher to Quinn would be like. We would have a phenominal offense.

On the Defensive side I would bring back Greene to wreak havoc on the D-line.

others

Craig Jones

Troy Redwine

Philip Armour

Luis Silva

Cody Spencer

Don Mcgee

Edited by Eagle-96

Booger, no doubt. Our OL should be fine, we are deep at WR and RB and the LB's are fine. I thought about the DB's and DL. We should be fine at corner and safety is a question mark. A dominant DL will make those on the line playing beside him better allowing us to get pressure on the QB, thus taking some pressure off of the DB's. QB was also a question, but with our run oriented attack, I think Meager will do fine the 12 to 15 times a game he is asked to throw the ball.

...I know some of you will think to bring back a better QB from years past, but I began my NT ride with Scott, so when I think of QB's I start with him

Ohhhh...jumping on the ol' "Bandwagon" are we??? wink.gif

Just kidding! SH was a good QB for NT...you are right there. smile.gif

I would bring back Scott Hall. While others may be better players our biggest need for 2005 is an experienced quarterback who can pass well enough to keep defenses honest. Scott could do that. He didn't have gaudy numbers, he just got the job done.

Ok....obviously, Booger or Joe Greene.....but what about Corbin Epps (Montgomery)? I'd take him back in a second. That guy was a beast....even had a piece written about him in the NT Daily---talked about an abusive childhood and how he channeled the anger from it and took it out on the football field. I remember watching him start a fight with the Texas Tech band in pre-game...not to mention that he pretty much single handedly took the great Zebbie Lethridge out of the game in the '97 upset in Lubbock. That game is still my fondest memory of Mean Green football.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey meangreenfreak,

Yea, I'm an ASU fan these days... but don't kill me for it!!! Jonesboro has become home for me and my family, and the Indians are a big part of the community here. The coaching staff is a bunch of great guys, and many of the players I've met are good guys, too.

My support of ASU will never quench my loyalty to the Mean Green (I so want to say Eagles!), though. Believe me, everybody here knows where my heart is!

Take care, and I wish the Mean Green a great season.

Mitch Maher

Hey meangreenfreak,

Yea, I'm an ASU fan these days... but don't kill me for it!!! Jonesboro has become home for me and my family, and the Indians are a big part of the community here. The coaching staff is a bunch of great guys, and many of the players I've met are good guys, too.

My support of ASU will never quench my loyalty to the Mean Green (I so want to say Eagles!), though. Believe me, everybody here knows where my heart is!

Take care, and I wish the Mean Green a great season.

Mitch Maher

MM, have you checked the ol' transcript to see if you have just one more semester of elgibility at NT? rolleyes.gif

Thanks for postin' and how are your folks? I met them back in the day and they are super people. Tell them we want to see them September 17'th for our home opener. I still watch the 1994 NT highlight VHS called "War Eagles" and it just really takes me back to a most important season when you guys put us back in the NCAA D1-A neighborhood we should have never left. Thank you and your 1994 Mean Green teammates for that, Mitch. We will never forget yall.