Fouts ready for new Omnigrass®

DeepGreen

Could the lack of a crown at home be to our advantage and, conversely, be a disadvantage on the road? Seems to me that the quarterback and receivers would have to make adjustments when playing on a flat versus a crowned field. Is this thought much ado about nothing?

Could the lack of a crown at home be to our advantage and, conversely, be a disadvantage on the road?  Seems to me that the quarterback and receivers would have to make adjustments when playing on a flat versus a crowned field.  Is this thought much ado about nothing?

It is a very valid point. Crowns are a reason you see quarterbacks overthrowing receivers on outs. The QB is higher than the receiver and it takes time to adjust to the difference. If we are gonna practice on the flat fields at Eagle Point, then I want us playing on a flat field on Saturdays.

To my knowledge there arnt many fields in use today that have much of a crown, the few that do i believe are not near as drastic as the one we had at fouts.

well, this is obviously the solution to our passing problems. I'd expect to see DD run more of an 80% pass/ 20% run going forward. rolleyes.gif

the only feild i know with a crown is Texas Stadium, it has a severe crown... if you stand on one sideline, you ca bareley see the people on the other sideline

What????!!? ph34r.gif

Well...it is supposed to be the "King" of all Texas Stadiums! laugh.gif

What????!!? ph34r.gif

Well...it is supposed to be the "King" of all Texas Stadiums! laugh.gif

In my opinion; Texas Stadium looks like a dump right now... it has for about the last 5 years. I can't believe that Jerry Jones hasn't even gone to the simple expense of repainting the roof of it to make it visually appealing to the eye from the road. To me it is ironic that the team has faded much like the paint on the stadium. There is nothing about driving by that big old hunk of steel that makes me want to rush out and go to a Cowboys game. The blue paint that wraps around the outside of the roof must be 15 years old and the fading really shows.

To me, Texas Stadium is a bigger eyesore than Fouts Field from the highway. Then again, I cannot stand Jerry Jones or the Cowboys... in my opinion, that organization (and the way that they do business) sums up everything that is wrong with professional sports today. I realize that it is silly to put a lot of money into a stadium that will soon be bulldozed; but you have to do small things for reasons of pride and safety. In Fouts' case - we needed new turf for safety concerns... for Texas Stadium, a new coat of paint would go a LONG way for aesthetic reasons as well as bringing back a sense of Texas pride. Jones doesn't seem to give a damn. He just wants to buy championships and look the other way while his players are breaking all the morality and legal rules that they can get away with. Putting Michael Irvin in the Ring of Honor is a travesty; he shouldn't be honored for a damn thing. His name and antics tarnished not only the Cowboys; but the entire NFL. When I think of the Playmaker - I don't think of his "on the field" accomplishments - I think of the "off the field" problems. For a little while he seemed to be repeneting and making good on building a new life for his family.. but at a recent Bachelor Party, a very good friend of mine saw old Irvin up to his old ways at the Lodge. Combine that with his holier than thou attitude that he put that charity in California through recently and I am confident that Irvin learned absolutely ZERO from his mistakes of the past. Now he will be put into the Cowboy's Ring of Honor - an honor that most NFL experts/fans believe is harder to get into then the actual NFL Hall of Fame.... Of course Jones will sell a few extra tickets for that day; but he will taint the sacred Ring at the same time. I hope he is happy while counting his gate money from the day; knowing fair well that Tex is turning over in his grave over the whole circus like occasion.

Edited by stebo

In my opinion; Texas Stadiumis a dump now.  I can't believe that Jones hasn't even gone to the expense of repainting the roof of it to make it visually appealing to the eye from the road.

A couple years ago a paint company, in Tyler I believe, offered to paint the roof for free for some advertising rights, it was declined. The stadium is in horrible condition and a lot of the roofing insulation is falling off into the stands.