First Reports

H-towngreen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually this version makes you start the recruiting process during the season.

To some it is fun, to me it's not. I do not like to micromanage. If I want to micromanage I like the old pc footballgames of the 90's. Anyone remember the old frontpage series. I know I am old.

I loved the frontpage football series...had everyone of them. Playing so much of that caused me to dislike the console football games until they finally brought in the dynasty modes....still, I haven't found anything that compares to the depth of control you had in those games....

Finished my first season, played every game, and I am sad to say that I lost to the Central Michigan Chippewas(sp?) in the New Orleans Bowl

My only loss, except for the disappointment in the New Orleans Bowl, was to MTSU.

Lineberry left early, I had to talk Quinn into staying. Lineberry wouldn't have any of it. If he would have stayed one more year, he would have been a high draft pick in Madden 06, but at an overall 89, I just don't know if he will make the cut.

Both Thomas and Cobbs are great. Over 300 Yards split between the 2 on my 1st game. At first J. Mo was not doing well vs. LSU, but put in Cobbs and the dynamics changed. I put Thomas back in and he started tearing it up. I continued to rotate, and won 31 - 14.

Was I surprised to see the predictable EA Football where no matter what the computer will score in the 4th if you are winning, and will do it with a long bomb into tripple coverage?

I love this game, but Sega 2K5 NFL control and graphics I will miss.

Just for the record might have been able to get 400 yards rushing between them, but wanted eat up the clock in the 4th quarter. After the long bomb I realized what always pissed me off about EA Football in the 1st place (yup... you know the one.... the hail marry into coverage with all 11 players on him, but he somehow makes the catch-breaks the tackles-and scores).

....but the game is greatness, and I have only played the one dynasty game. So what do I know. (don't answer that)

Am I the only person bothered by the fact that the Sprint and Player Switch buttons are reversed from X and O to O and Xwhen on defense? It's cost me 2 TDs already.

-edit- Lost a heartbreaker in RFTH mode to LSU. 0:01 in the 4th, FG attempt from the 28...wide right. Final score: 21-24.

Edited by meangreendork

I am absolutely LOVING how the games are much harder now on varsity level. It makes them more fun. I have only had one game where I trashed a team 66-13 @Fresno State(even at that,it was 14-13 at the end of the half) I had 3 straight defensive TD's!

I landed a 5 star kicker too! biggrin.gif The game's great too.

PS: anyone know any natural remedies for getting to sleep?

Sleep? Try having some warm milk or some turkey before bed. Both have some sort of enzyme that makes you drowsy.

As for Varsity level- it's a much harder game than 2005 was. I like how player composure and field noise really come into play. I've had 2 fouled up pass plays where I called a hot route and the WR didn't hear it. The AI is just better overall this year and that makes the game a bigger challenge and a lot more enjoyable.

UNTgirl04- exactly.

Just on a topic-related note:

I'm getting better at this in RFTH mode. With a scrambling/running QB (with PassPower and Accuracy of about 85/80), Cobbs, Thomas and Mitchell coming from the Wishbone and with Quinn at WR, I'm having an offensive field day with Tulsa. Defensively...not so much.

wow what a game i just had against Wyoming on All American level. I had 104 years rushing with jamario in the first half, but in the second half I was limited to 50 and they managed to squeak out a couple a big passes to tie it up. With 1:37 left in the game I was down 31-24 and tied it back up. I managed to sack the QB with Early, force a fumble and get the last second game winning field goal. 34-31 final score. I figured i could roll right past wyoming. Guess not. sad.gif When i start my dynasty september 3rd LSU is going to give me a thrashing.

Yeah... the thing I like about this year's version so far is that it always finds new stuff to throw at me. For example, I just got done thrashing Troy 47-10. The next week, against FIU, I'm tied up 17-17 going into the fourth quarter and lose by a field goal off a fumble caused by their impact player. If the game holds up, I think it might be a real gem.