Most prized possession?

BIG DAWG

• 3 months later...

Got this year's football poster framed, signed by Nick Bazaldua, Johnny Quinn and Patrick Cobbs from Football 101 and pictures I took of them. Have the programs and tickets from NO Bowls in '02 and '04 and pictures I took there. And, like Screaming Eagle-66 I have my diploma. Almost forgot, I also have my husband! We met in front of Willis Library in 1971.

GMG!

I have some odds and ends.

Probably my most prized possessions are my various Yucca's. I have about 10 randomn ones - the oldest being 1918. The 1926 edition has the original version of the alma mater(we only sing the chorus now) - along with signatures and comments from both the composer and the lyracist.

lets see, I have a ball signed from last years team. I think its a game ball, but Im not sure if it was used. My Booger bobblehead, I have a photo of myself and RV from 2 NOB's, 2 photos of myself and Dr Pohl from 2 NOB's, and a photo of myself and Dr Pohl on graduation day with me in my cap and gown.

Just a side note, how many other presidents would stand there and pose for pictures with graduates and their families, or stand there and talk with them on graduation day? Dr Pohl did this when I graduated, even though he had to have been tired, busy, and at times not even feeling like being there. Yet, he was there, and with a SMILE on his face. That impressed me, and it made a H U G E impression on my dad. When I told him Dr Pohl was leaving, It disappointed my dad, because that day Pohl made that big of an impression him.

Just my .02

Once we get a house, my husband and I have plans for a Mean Green gameroom. But we've got to take baby steps right now, so I'd say our prized posessions are the Booger bobblehead and our jerseys from this year - as well as some NO Bowl ticket stubs. We've also got our diplomas (I'm about to have 2) and each other.

We met at Clark Hall in 2001. smile.gif

Eric Peagram gave my son a wrist band after a practice his senior year (I think). I took it to keep it in a safe place. Also, 8 ticket stubs from 4 New Orleans Bowls. And best of all, 2 football and basketball season tickets from lower section E and row 2 behind the bench. Both over 25 years old.

GO MEAN GREEN

If I can get a copy of it from Rick Spears aka Green Grenade II, one such favorite memorabellia for me would be a Summer of 1973 Denton Record/Chronicle photo of Coach Hayden Fry, Jim Fincher (aka Dallas Green), Rick Spears and myself at the Denton Center parking lot. 

Rick was Fry's promotion guy and we were all standing in front of a mobile unit Rick had very cleverly put together to get the Mean Green message out to Denton County area towns that year.  Rick, how can I get a copy of that photo?  Wonder if the DRC would even have it in their archives?

Jim, I'll bring you a copy of that photo and article to the game Saturday! Look me up in the tailgating area. I'll be parked right there. You should have it. Call me at 214-454-7391 today (my cell phone).

-Rick

I have a Hayden Fry era helmet, a jersey worn by Walter 'Weasel' Johnson, a track jersey from the MoValley days which has a lightning bolt on the front and various media guides and gameday programs plus some pics from the filming of 'Necessary Roughness'.

I have a Mean Green room but I don't have much in the way of memorabilia. It's a gameroom with a dartboard, hardwood floor, mean green paint, stereo, and beer fridge. The coolest stuff in the room would either be the suit of armor in the corner or the 4-foot Bud Light neon.

I do have a pic of me shaking hands with Dr. Pohl at an awards luncheon in '03.

I have a couple of unusual ones:

1. A strip of Fouts Field turf (circa 1987, somewhere around 18" x 48") recovered after a repair when someone decided to have a campfire at midfield.

2. A set of Denton Community Hospital trading cards, featuring the likes of: Scott Davis, Jeff Tutson, Carl Brewer, Charles Monroe, Tony Cook, Darrin Collins, Keith Chapman, Trent Touchtone, Byron Gross, Scott Bowles, Clay Bode, J.D. Martinez, Lou Smith, Kregg Sanders, Larry Green and Major Greene

For the right price, I might could work up some sort of a package deal...... ph34r.gif

2 baseball caps.

1 is the late 60's "rounded" NT

1 is from about 10 years ago that is fitted, Dark Green, Black NT blocked.

I have one of the new t-shirts but my wife keeps taking it before I can wear it. Maybe I need to hide it somewhere....

2 baseball caps.

1 is the late 60's "rounded" NT

1 is from about 10 years ago that is fitted, Dark Green, Black NT blocked.

I have one of the new t-shirts but my wife keeps taking it before I can wear it. Maybe I need to hide it somewhere....

Or get a second shirt... tongue.gif