Who Will Bring National Pub To NT This Year?

Eagle-96

Other- Isaac Thomas

you really think he's that good? Not disagreeing, but I'd like to hear your case for him. I saw him some in practice and although I wasn't really paying attention, he didn't stick out to me any more than the other lineman out there like Booger used to.

Isaac Thomas made plays by the truckload in the spring. Any one of them might seem mundane to you (made a great stop at the Line of Scrimmage), but the fact that he consistently performed over the course of a month of practices makes him this. I would stop short of saying he'll bring national publicity, though. Look at Jamario and what he did, and most College Football fans still don't know his name.

Other- Isaac Thomas

I thought about adding Ike but I just think the D-Line will need time to gel and come together. We will be young on the line and the guys will need time to learn to play with each other. One bonus is that the improved skill at linebacker and the more aggressive secondary may free some guys up front to wreak some backfiled havoc.

I think Quinn is poised for a huge year. Teams will chose to stack the line to start games and I think Quinn will destroy corners one on one. If teams choose to slide the safety over and back. J-Mo and the Express will pound it down their throats. Teams will have to choose their poison.

Guys, imagine having J-Mo and Cobbs fresh in the 4th quarter. It could be scary.

Edited by Eagle-96

If DD pulls off the upset in Manhattan expect to see the Mean Green in the top 25 for the first time.

I beg to differ. I don't think beating KSU would put us in the top 25.

K State isn't in anyone's top 25. Most mags have them as the 3rd-4th best team in the weak Big 12 North. Their first two games (before us) are FIU and Marshall. So, KSU isn't gonna be anywhere near the top 25 themselves before we play them.

So how exactly would beating KSU put us in the top 25?

Now upsetting LSU.....would definitely put us in there.

And btw......we were in the top 25 before. (In 1977....reaching as high as 13th.....finishing 16th in the UPI poll).

yeah you're right. He might go crazy and shift the run/pass percentage from 90/10 to 88/12.

lol

I think DD has his mind set on winning the KSU OOC game,and none other,hes going to go to Manhatten?(is that where they play?) tour the campus, reminisce(is that how you spell it?) over his college days, and then motivate his team to beat them, Im not saying itll happen, but thats what he will do

Really, I think it will be Quinn, not only is there his 3.7 40 time,but also his ability to CATCH THE BALL no matter where or how hard Byerly throws it, This should be a great year for the almighty Johnny Quinn.

I beg to differ. I don't think beating KSU would put us in the top 25.

K State isn't in anyone's top 25. Most mags have them as the 3rd-4th best team in the weak Big 12 North. Their first two games (before us) are FIU and Marshall. So, KSU isn't gonna be anywhere near the top 25 themselves before we play them.

So how exactly would beating KSU put us in the top 25?

Now upsetting LSU.....would definitely put us in there.

And btw......we were in the top 25 before. (In 1977....reaching as high as 13th.....finishing 16th in the UPI poll).

First, KSU will come into the game undefeated and if they put up good numbers in the games before us they will be touted more highly just because they come from the Big XII. I have seen them listed as high as 2 with a shot at one if the team comes together this year as they are coming off rebuilding. Of course LSU would put us there and even as I am a homer I don't think thats going to happen. IF we play LSU tight and beat MTSU and Tulsa thoroughly then beating KSU would get us some really good recognition. If it doesn't get us in the Top 25 we should atleast have a good number of votes and with no let downs in the Belt we will be Top 25 easily and possibly top 15 by the end of the season.

Also, to clarify as I should have earlier; it would put is in the top 25 for the first time in the Dickey/post D-1AA era.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz