Stadium Fund

NT91

This is from a email from RV. Lets give all we can.

Send your check to Mandy McKinley and request that it be put in the athletic facilities account- football stadium. Remember you can also pledge an amount for five, ten or as many years as you like to make this possible. Thanks for your help. We're moving in the right direction!

Send that to

North Texas Athletic Department

P.O. Box 311397

Denton, TX 76203

Thanks for all you do!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Rick V.

Edited by NT91

One way to help fund and justify a new stadium is to sell season tickets........

SEASON TICKETS--

Yesterday here in Midland..... Texas-Tech is advertising season tickets for this fall on the local ESPN station.....They are $99 and up...... Anything going on in Dallas area for UNT.?

Tech is 120 miles north of here.

If there is any official public Stadium Fund it has been kept a big secret. Why? I would have it out to the media and put major links to it on the official athletic site that donors could use Visa, MC, PayPal, etc. If we're serious about fundraising for a new Stadium, then we need to get serious about the communication, what amounts are needed, by when, how to donate, etc.

BUILD IT !

This is from a email from RV. Let give all we can.

Send your check to Mandy McKinley and request that it be put in the athletic facilities account- football stadium. Remember you can also pledge an amount for five, ten or as many years as yu like to make this possible. Thanks for your help. We're moving in the right direction!

Send that to

P.O. Box 311397

Denton, TX 76203

Thanks for all you do!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Rick V.

Never in my life have I heard an advertisement on a major radio station in the Dallas area of season ticket promotions. It must be cost prohibitive, but at some point if you are going to play with the big boys, we have got to start acting like them. A quality radio spot like I have heard for TCU more times than I can shake a stick at really gets your adrenaline going.

One way to help fund and justify a new stadium is to sell season tickets........

SEASON TICKETS--

Yesterday here in Midland..... Texas-Tech is advertising season tickets for this fall on the local ESPN station.....They are $99 and up...... Anything going on in Dallas area for UNT.?

Tech is 120 miles north of here.

there is all kinds of advertisements for season tickets on ESPN right now for the upsoming football season....

TOo bad they are advertisements for Baylor....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the Stadium Fund "officially" opened now for the public phase? The last I heard or saw was the Stadium promo video that has since vanished and some talk of waiting until some large private $$ had been given to kick off the real Campaign. What's the real deal??

Yes it is open.

Send your check to Mandy McKinley and request that it be put in the athletic facilities account- football stadium.

Send that to

P.O. Box 311397

Denton, TX 76203

Edited by NT91

Two years ago, Mandy told me at the NO Bowl, that we needed to send $5,000 a year for 5 years for the stadium, total $25,000. Anything less, they really didn't care about. I asked about $1,000 a year for 10 years, and they said, that really doesn't help. So, I gave it to another University........I wish they would really try and sell it, and be done with it! GO MEAN GREEN......Best LSWHO ! wink.gif

Two years ago, Mandy told me at the NO Bowl, that we needed to send $5,000 a year for 5 years for the stadium, total $25,000.  Anything less, they really didn't care about.  I asked about $1,000 a year for 10 years, and they said, that really doesn't help.  So, I gave it to another University........I wish they would really try and sell it, and be done with it!  GO MEAN GREEN......Best LSWHO ! wink.gif

If this story is true she should be fired. For a university in our position every penny is a blessing.

If, on the other hand, this isn't true and I'm slamming Mandy unnecessarily my apologies.

If this story is true she should be fired. For a university in our position every penny is a blessing.

If, on the other hand, this isn't true and I'm slamming Mandy unnecessarily my apologies.

Any donation helps, now or in the future.

Just reaching here but perhaps the "really doesn't help" part was taken out of context in terms of 5 vs. 10 years? Maybe they want stadium donations within 5 years to fund bonds and anything outside that timeline "really doesn't help" towards the stadium bonds?

I can't see Mandy turning down a donation, especially $1000/year. She was very helpful with my donation at that level. You should have went above her to RV to get his clarification/opinion before giving it to another school, just so he'd know about it if nothing else.

As for the Stadium Fund, it still seems too much is not being communicated effectively to fans about this. If it is a priority it sure is buried deep within the Athletic website. I would make it the first thing you see when you hit that front page, complete with credit card or paypal options and who to make checks to and where to send them. It should get your attention more than the streaming 3 month old softball and tennis scores do on that site! <_<

Edited by NT80

If people are going to start putting money towards the stadium fund, I think first a letter first needs to be mailed to the interested donor(s) explaining how the whole thing works (what levels of donorship is preferred, "proposed" timelines, etc).

• 4 months later...