2002-03 schedule

Any idea what this years hoops schedule will look like? We originally thought that UH was going to be playing at UNT this year but it turned out to be one trip to UH with a payout instead of the possible 2-for-1 deal.

Do you play SMU, TCU and/or UT-Arlington? I'd like to catch some games and live rather close to SMU. Who are the featured home games this year (W. Kentucky?)?

I think that Trilli beat SMU a couple of years back but I could be wrong, maybe it was A&M. We absoutely DESTROYED TCU last year, the 8 point win score really does not reflect how much we dominated this game At some time in the game we up by well over 20 points. Old "Chuck" was over on the sideline wishing he had quit before the season rather than after it.

A look at last year's games can usually pan out who this year's games "could" be.. Here they are:

I have commented on if we will play them again this year.

Thurs., Nov. 8 TX Blue Chips (Exh.) W, 94-89 - Probably

Mon., Nov. 12 TX Slam-n-Jam (Exh.) W, 101-76 ---Probablu

Fri., Nov. 16 Southwest Missouri State W, 79-77 ---Yes, there

Sat., Nov. 24 @ Oklahoma State L, 58-77 ---Yes, (3-1 series) This year AGAIN there..next year in Denton and the final back in Stillwater. The return of Jason Miller will likely happen in Denton in the 2003-2204 year.

Tues., Nov. 27 @ Lipscomb L, 74-75 I doubt we play them again.

Sun., Dec. 2 @ Houston L, 69-75 -- I had heard there was a year off, other poster above says it was a one game deal. Not likely, I think they will be back next year (2003-2004 year)

Tues., Dec. 4 SMU L, 66-74 Our turn to play in the Moody Madness

Sat., Dec. 8 @ Baylor L, 81-95 I think this series is still going on. @ WACO this year again I think and then a return trip to Denton in 2003-2004.

Sat., Dec. 15 @ Kansas State L, 70-84 No idea. - Not likely.

Wed., Dec. 19 LIPSCOMB W, 102-81 Maybe they will come to Denton..

Fri., Dec. 21 TENNESSEE TECH W, 89-83 Our turn to go there. good series.

Sun., Dec. 23 @ TCU W, 92-85 At Denton this year.

Other games, we play at Indiana (there) as part of a three years there and one game here series. It will be awesome to see the Hoosiers in Denton in 2004. I also think we will have Texas A&M Kingsville again this year, and I think that I heard we had a Texas A&M Corpus Christie game scheduled. I don't know hwy we are taking so long with this, Football came out really early this year and I thought that b-ball would have followed suit.

Those are nice 3-for-1s with OSU and IU. However, that's a lot of games to trade with. Any chance of getting Tech on the schedule? RMK is reportedly trying to schedule a bunch of TX teams. UH is set up with a rotation with them and their game at SMU was a boon last year.

I wonder why the 2-for-1 deal with UH was cancelled. I read that UNT took a payout to cancel the remaining two games but that could be off. UNT played at UH last year and we were due to play at the Pit this year. Oh well, hopefully we get it going again soon.

I just want the home games to be absolutely crazy. We could easily have the pit at 4-5k, especially on weekends. Hopefully, my wishful thinking will become a reality. That finally home game was a blast, and the players just feed off our energy. Personally, I'm ever so thankful that RV is putting students on the floor, where we can provide more support for the team. We can also make a lot of noise when the other team is making FTs.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming basketball season.

From FWST:

TCU schedule closer to final

The 2002-03 TCU men's basketball schedule won't be released for another two weeks, but it is starting to take shape. In Conference USA action, the Frogs will host Cincinnati and Marquette, and TCU will travel to Louisville and Charlotte.

Nonconference games include trips to Baylor, Tulsa, North Texas and Virginia Commonwealth, and a home game against Texas Tech. The Frogs began practice Wednesday night and will have their final practice at TCU on Aug. 10 before leaving for Australia on Aug. 11.

ph34r.gif

Corinthean Man..

The student section will be on the floor behind the basket (just the one opposite side of tunnel).. They will have the band directly above them and this is identical to the setup in Waco at the Baylor games. It will be great if he takes a Cuban approach to it and gets some crazy nuts down there. The question is, can we find 50 students for every game to act like nuts? I hope so! It would pump up the blue-hairs in your section.

Listen, if there is a guarantee that at every home game, there will be 50 courtside folding chair seats set aside for students, they will be filled up every game. The one time I tried to sneak down there I was asked to move back. Finding crazy students isn't the problem there.