Got a good idea for the b-ball games

calvin

If anyone works close to the b-ball dept. this is a great idea. My wife went to ACU and played b-ball there and they always played right before the men. During the men's game the place would have about 1,000 people there or so but the announcer would say everyone on your feet for the tip-off. The crowd would stand up and cheer until the other team scored. Sometimes this would go on for a few minutes into the game and the fans would be really loud. It always made for a good loud crowd b/c they were always into the game. At the beginning of the 2nd half they would do the same thing. Some people would just continue to stand during the entire game. A lot of times the crowd doesnt get into until the end and it drives me crazy. Just a thought anyway.

EMAIL I SENT TO JAMIE with the AD:

Hey Jamie, Its Justin from the Pit Crew....

Someone pitched an idea on GMG.com and they wanted someone that knew some folks up there at the AD to talk about this idea...

A few other schools do this and it really gets the crowd into the game hardcore from the beginning....As the teams take the floor the announcer comes up and says something to the effect of "Mean Green Fans on your Feet" and basically the fans stand up and cheer until the OTHER team scores....

Had we done this the other night at the guys game, the fans would have been up for well over five minutes seeing as how we took off so fast....

Just In Idea to get people jacked up alittle more from the start!

Thanks!

Justin

***i will keep ya updated if i hear back....Jamie is a good guy and I am sure I will ehar somethign in the next few hours....

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

Good idea. We did this back when Tommy Newman was coach....the only problem was that our fans were on their feet for an eternity waiting for the team's first basket. I don't think that we will have that problem with this current team. As a side note, we also threw t-shirts to the fans after each dunk during the Newman period...we had a lot of shirts left at the end of the season.

Good idea.  We did this back when Tommy Newman was coach....the only problem was that our fans were on their feet for an eternity waiting for the team's first basket.  I don't think that we will have that problem with this current team.  As a side note, we also threw t-shirts to the fans after each dunk during the Newman period...we had a lot of shirts left at the end of the season.

I understand what your saying about the Newman era, but you are mistaken. The idea is to stand and cheer until the opposing team scores, not us.