NT 52 Denver 79

NTEagle08

The refereeing was awful tonight. I would say that bad calls tonight easily cost us 30 points. Easy.

Just kidding. No we were terrible tonight. Actually had a 6-2 lead, they went on a 17-0 run to go up 19-6......and we never were really in it, from that point on. (trailed by 12 at the half).

Not a good game, at all. But, UALR I think beat Western Kentucky tonight. If so, that is the same UALR that was hammered by MTSU by 35......

so hopefully we'll have a similar type turn-around against FIU on Monday.

Don't dilute the game, we played horribly bad officiating or not. 20% from the field isn't caused by bad officiating its caused by players not playing up to their potential. I think the long layoff had us out of sync. Also, don't let the 6-6 record coming in fool you they played Stanford tight and split the CSF series and almost beat them on the road. Denver has a good team.

Don't dilute the game, we played horribly bad officiating or not.  20% from the field isn't caused by bad officiating its caused by players not playing up to their potential.  I think the long layoff had us out of sync.  Also, don't let the 6-6 record coming in fool you they played Stanford tight and split the CSF series and almost beat them on the road.  Denver has a good team.

Buzz......I guess you missed the words "just kidding" after the rant about officiating.

A major setback tonight before the television cameras. The saddest thing of all was the pitiful crowd at Denver. The empty seats screamed 'who cares?' and the the green answered 'we sure as hell don't.'

Don't dilute the game, we played horribly bad officiating or not.  20% from the field isn't caused by bad officiating its caused by players not playing up to their potential.  I think the long layoff had us out of sync.  Also, don't let the 6-6 record coming in fool you they played Stanford tight and split the CSF series and almost beat them on the road.  Denver has a good team.

I watched the last 7 minutes of the game on FSRM and the only thing I could think was, "this is the best we can shoot?" It was also the first game I've seen this season, bad first impression..

BandGeek-I've noticed the post halftime stampede of the PIP (players in progress) also. Perhaps if, in the future, the Athletic Dept. had them put on a post game show as well. Or maybe 2 half court games after the final period.

This is not limited to PIP kids and parents.

Watch the people that sing the National Anthem. Most of the time he/she/they will leave before the players are ready for tipoff.

I have some friends that sit in front of me. They've been there for years. They always leave with about 7-8 minutes left. To "avoid the crowd" they say. I've never known what they were so anxious to get away for.

GO MEAN GREEN

BandGeek-I've noticed the post halftime stampede of the PIP (players in progress) also.  Perhaps if, in the future, the Athletic Dept. had them put on a post game show as well.  Or maybe 2 half court games after the final period. 

Watch the people that sing the National Anthem.  Most of the time he/she/they will leave before the players are ready for tipoff.

I have some friends that sit in front of me.  They've been there for years.  They always leave with about 7-8 minutes left.  To "avoid the crowd" they say.  I've never known what they were so anxious to get away for. 

GO MEAN GREEN

That's crazy, the last 7-8 minutes of a basketball game are often the best.

BandGeek-I've noticed the post halftime stampede of the PIP (players in progress) also.  Perhaps if, in the future, the Athletic Dept. had them put on a post game show as well.  Or maybe 2 half court games after the final period. 

Watch the people that sing the National Anthem.  Most of the time he/she/they will leave before the players are ready for tipoff.

I have some friends that sit in front of me.  They've been there for years.  They always leave with about 7-8 minutes left.  To "avoid the crowd" they say.  I've never known what they were so anxious to get away for. 

GO MEAN GREEN

Joe.......as you know they have a Denton Chamber "mixer" every year at the Super Pit (on a game night). Most of those people don't even stick around for the game.

Want to hear a really bad one? One year, during the Helwig regime.....they didn't induct the new Hall of Fame members during a football game, they inducted them during a basketball game (an afternoon game against Bama; it was in December of that year). Anyway, they had seated the new inductees in the basketball floor seats for that game---I had tickets there that year, too. After being inducted at half-time, several of the old farts that they inducted that day---left our basketball game to go home and watch The Big 12 Championship football game. Only at North Texas.....

One more.....funny show biz story. Doug Kenney was a great writer.....one of the brains behind National Lampoon magazine. He also helped write the classic movie, "Animal House". (He has a part in the movie; he's the dorky Delta guy; the one who pushes the marching band director down, and takes over leading the marching band into an alley).

Anyway.....years ago (the 70s) Kenney had three ring side tickets to one of the greatest boxing matches ever......it was one of the Ali-Frazier fights. (I think it was at Madison Square Garden). Anyway, Kenney takes his girlfriend and a male friend. They watch the preliminary fights.......and the much anticipated Ali-Frazier fight is about to begin, when Kenney looks at his watch and says, "Let's go. I want to beat the traffic." They left.

John-The Chamber of Commerce mixer you speak of is the first home game this year. Seems like this decade. Jan 20, vs. UALR. They're suppose to have several drawings (according to my invite). Perhaps they could be held during timeouts during the game.

That's a great story about your friend Mr. Kenney.

I'm sure that there was traffic at the Ali-Fraiser fight.. But which NT game was/has ever been so crowded that one couldn't go 60 miles out of the parking lot and not have to slow down ?

And what's so damn interesting that these people got to get home for ?

GO MEAN GREEN