What would ya prefer???

UNT_playmaker

rick, its nothing against the city of new orleans and the bowl and all. i just feel that since we won 4 straight divison 1 conference titles, have the nation's leadin rusher 2 years in a row, and have much improved atheltic programs across the board on our campus that enough is enough.

there is some serious problems plaguing our atheltic program from going to the next step.

troy is going to get a much more publized entry to a bigger name bowl with one of our true rivals. that is what im mad about, four year straight into the same bowl and our athletic dept jumps straight into nawlins, without ponderin our other possibilities.

Who cares what other schools do and get!!!! Be happy with what we have right now. It will get better. If you don't like the New Orleans Bowl, then don't go. It's that simple. I'll be in New Orleans along with tons of other fans cheering on OUR TEAM! It doesn't matter who we play, all that matters is that we play!

that is what im mad about, four year straight into the same bowl and our athletic dept jumps straight into nawlins, without ponderin our other possibilities.

You have no idea if that is true. More likely, our Athletic Dept, wisely, chose to accept the guaranteed bowl invitation and pass on the POSSIBILITY of a different bowl having a vacancy and expressing interest in inviting North Texas.

GO MEAN GREEN

I seem to remember that when we played Cincy in NO, that they didn't have much if any time to promote the ticket sales.    Does anyone else have a similiar memory?

If I remember correctly, they only had about 2 weeks between when they accepted the bid to play in the New Orleans Bowl to actually playing in it. Sort of looks like what will happen this year.

Correct, they only had 2 weeks at most to promote it. Seriously, though, not going to a game because of who we are playing? Isn't that the problem we have with about 15+K of our average fans? Is this the same guy who jumped down my throat when I asked why they did not go to the Monroe game after haftime and after watching the first half on TV?

there is some serious problems plaguing our atheltic program from going to the next step.

#1 would be the lack of support from our fans, and by your decision to now not attend the New Orleans Bowl, you are part of the problem. Nice attitude. You think OU got tired of going to the Orange Bowl every year they were part of the Big 8? What about Nebraska? What about Texas and the Cotton Bowl when they were part of the SWC? How about USC, UCLA, Ohio State or Michigan with the Rose Bowl?

5 years ago we had absolutely nothing to play for in the post season, and now you complaining about a bowl game that has given us national publicity going on 4 years in a row?

#1 would be the lack of support from our fans, and by your decision to now not attend the New Orleans Bowl, you are part of the problem. Nice attitude. You think OU got tired of going to the Orange Bowl every year they were part of the Big 8? What about Nebraska? What about Texas and the Cotton Bowl when they were part of the SWC? How about USC, UCLA, Ohio State or Michigan with the Rose Bowl?

5 years ago we had absolutely nothing to play for in the post season, and now you complaining about a bowl game that has given us national publicity going on 4 years in a row?

comparing the New Orleans Bowl to the Orange or Cotton bowl, is no pun intended, like comparing apples to oranges.

comparing the New Orleans Bowl to the Orange or Cotton bowl, is no pun intended, like comparing apples to oranges.

Just stating the fact that years ago teams were tied to bowls through their conference, if they won their conference title. Not comparing the New Orleans Bowl to the Orange or Cotton on a prestige scale.

They actually had 9 days, you can't really prepare for a game Saturday night after your game ends. If they get an invite this Sunday it would give them 17; plus they are the ONLY CUSA school that would be done with finals plus they do not have the Dickie V Classic beign played on the same night with their storied basketball team participating in it right up the highway in which those fans have had months to plan and pay for the basketball trip. We could do a lot worse than Cinci.

Yes, not enough good fans support it by going to the Bowl when they could.

there are a lot of good fans that have jobs that absolutely can not get off that time of the year. I wish I could take off for the NO Bowl but being a Sr. Business Analyst keeps me from doing so. Its not always the fans, its the time slot that keeps us from going.

there are a lot of good fans that have jobs that absolutely can not get off that time of the year. I wish I could take off for the NO Bowl but being a Sr. Business Analyst keeps me from doing so. Its not always the fans, its the time slot that keeps us from going.

I agree the mid-week timing of the bowl is bad for many; but for the ones who "could" go and don't because they are protesting New Orleans or DD is just pitiful. mad.gif

I agree the mid-week timing of the bowl is bad for many; but for the ones who "could" go and don't because they are protesting New Orleans or DD is just pitiful. mad.gif

I agree completely. I think there are a lot more alum that would/could go if it were on a Fri/Sat. I know its not and whining won't do any good so you fans that can make it, be sure to make enough noise for the ones that would love to be there but can't.

GMG

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Sure there are some benefits if the opponent brings a lot of people, but there are also benefits if they do not. If we have a good showing, we will look that much better in comparison. Here is Cincinnati going off to the Big East with their tiny groups of fans. Now if that is good enough to get into a bigger conference, then NT can with a more respectable size group of fans. There are those that will say 'now don't bash the Belt' and I've got to say I'm torn in this respect, but I'm having a hard time seeing how this conference can be made into the type of conference to which we should aspire.

The most important thing for us to focus on right now is getting as many people to the NOB as possible. (That and showing up for the basketball game against TCU. For Heaven's sake we've got to beat them this year.)

We need crazy fans, lots of them, people who will do seemingly irrational things to support the program. Don't make excuses. The players aren't making any excuses. Get out there with them!

Sure there are some benefits if the opponent brings a lot of people, but there are also benefits if they do not. If we have a good showing, we will look that much better in comparison. Here is Cincinnati going off to the Big East with their tiny groups of fans. Now if that is good enough to get into a bigger conference, then NT can with a more respectable size group of fans. There are those that will say 'now don't bash the Belt' and I've got to say I'm torn in this respect, but I'm having a hard time seeing how this conference can be made into the type of conference to which we should aspire.

The most important thing for us to focus on right now is getting as many people to the NOB as possible. (That and showing up for the basketball game against TCU. For Heaven's sake we've got to beat them this year.)

We need crazy fans, lots of them, people who will do seemingly irrational things to support the program. Don't make excuses. The players aren't making any excuses. Get out there with them!

The problem is that we are not gauranteed a good turnout. We have already seen evidence of people "choosing" not to attend. Do we have any clue on ticket sales? I know the hotels are getting booked.

I hate it when I invite someone to go to Fouts to watch NT. "Who are they palying ?" What difference does it make. Come and see NT play. If someone CAN'T go to New Orleans, well then they can't. But if they can and DON'T, well we've already got plenty of those kind of "fans." GO TO NEW ORLEANS GO MEAN GREEN

I know some fans who could go, but never plan ahead. They never save two vacation days, and thus are screwed when we end up in a bowl. Yeah, and for just two vacation days, you can have a helluva good time at the Bowl. Someone could work on Monday morning; fly out mid-afternoon....be in N'awlins in time for dinner. Attend the Monday night coach's show and soiree, and party until the wee hours. Be there Tuesday for more good food, gambling, whatever.........then the game. Partying after the game, and then an early morning flight.......you can be back at work after lunch. So, all it takes is to save two vacation days.

All I ask......if you don't go to the bowl, but could........don't bitch about our crowd that is there, if it isn't a good one.

I agree completely. I think there are a lot more alum that would/could go if it were on a Fri/Sat. I know its not and whining won't do any good so you fans that can make it, be sure to make enough noise for the ones that would love to be there but can't.

GMG

Thank you for pointing out that I mean't that those fans that "COULD" go and decide not to, because of some ill conceived protest against the athletic department.

I am personally dont want to see us playin Cincy, as does alot of people on this board, even some i bet some of players feel the same way... i would like it alot to play uab, memphis, or even better tcu. its my own personally opinion, as well as the majority of the people on the board.

that does not give you the right to go ahead and tell everyone that i am against the athetlic dept and i dont support the football team, ive been followin unt football since i was in junior high, and am a second generation UNT alum. ive done nothin but call people to watch our games in the metroplex to boost our ratings, tailgated in every single home game the last two years and try to attend as many bb-games as possible with my buddies. i also provided helpful and logicial insights to help our team go to the next level. were not too far off. really.

Lifer, dont really know what your problem is.... you need to get a LIFE. seriously.