WE WILL BE TEARIN DOWN FIELD GOAL POSTS

UNT_playmaker

Notice I didn't mention the whether it's right or wrong. I could care less if the goalposts are torn down or left standing. My only thought is that the University should have the foresight to decide which one they want to happen and not leave it in the hands of a few security guards. You then take the risk of confrontation, kids being hurt, or possible arrests. If you don't want the goalposts to be torn down then install the ones you can take down yourself.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should not tear down the goal posts but we should still swarm the field for the "Inviaaaaatayshun" and to congratulate the team and to honor our outgoing seniors!!! 

i would definately agree, BUT if anyone storms the field, the followers will naturally go for the goal posts.

Did I read that it has cost SMU $75,000 to replace their goalposts that were tore down after their 1'st win?

Jeez! Folks, thats a few athletic scholarships if we are talking about $30K or however the amount to replace these things.

It was neat when thousands stormed the field after we beat NMSU 3 years ago at Fouts, but other channels of celebration may now be needed in light of what we are hearing are the expense factor on replacing a simple goal post. Are these above figures even close to being right? blink.gif

GMG!

PS: I remember it wasn't too long ago we were ready to tear Fouts Field down at a home season ending game! biggrin.gif

HERE'S TO ALL THE SENIORS AT UNT ! ! ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Forget the gaurds, students will have to get past the ushers first.

It's lame to tear down the goal post, when your the four time conference champ.

We should redirect all this destructive energy towards something usefull, like tearting down Lucky Lous. God I hate Lou.

I'm Happy to see ANY passion for UNT at the football games.  If it's tortillas, Scrappy in a sheet or tearing down goalposts....it's good to see that sort of passion in Denton.

I tend to agree tearing down the goalposts or not, the important thing is student pride and getting it to come to life for an entire year and not just the first and last home games of each season.

And that's what this riot I'm planning is all about. Bringing people together. And after this bitter divied election what the Mean Green fans need to go on a senseless destructive rampage, but not against our goal post. We must fight the real enemy! [holds and tears picture of Lou.]

Edited by shaft

Forget the goal posts. That's kid stuff. If UNT wins I'm going to flip over my own car and set my trash cans on fire.

I for one am ready to riot, but we need to wait for a bigger victory. You car has a few more miles left in it before it will be ready to be turned over and set a blaze. We play LSU next year, don't we? cool.gif

I normally would be against tearing down the goal posts, but if that is what it takes to pack Fouts full out students, then TEAR DOWN THE GOAL POSTS!

I agree. We've all been there and seen it done...but we've got a bunch of students who haven't caught the fever yet. If some freshman climbs up on the goal posts and rides them to the ground on his way to being a die hard Mean Green fan, let it be. Personally, I'd rather storm the field and throw beads around as we accept our 4th straight invitation to New Orleans(unless we go somewhere else) and leave the goal posts alone. And remember, NO BEADS until the game is over...we don't want to jinx this thing. smile.gif

I'm Happy to see ANY passion for UNT at the football games.  If it's tortillas, Scrappy in a sheet or tearing down goalposts....it's good to see that sort of passion in Denton.

agreed here.... If we have enought students at the game to tear down the goal posts.. then imo let them go for it.

Getting some school spirit going at UNT is worth more than the goalposts! smile.gif

we seriously need to burn down or ransack fouts field, it is the reason for most of our footballs programs problems, everyone i talk to says that all of the other SBC schools have bigger, newer, and more people in their stadiums than we do, i say we do somethin about it, after the game, this saturday

TEAR DOWN FOUTS.