Too many of you are on the fence

Jonnyeagle

I just want to state for the record and in perpetuity that I am 100% behind Eric Morris and this Mean Green football program.  A fair amount of you guys seem to be on the fence.  I think we should get behind him.  The guy just oozes enthusiasm and he is exactly what we need at this time.  There are no excuses or pity parties with Morris!

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

I like Morris a lot. To me he comes with similar or more (head coaching) experience as Littrell, but doesn't have the personality of a wet noodle.

If I'm "on the fence" about anything, is what the team is gonna look like in the fall. Spring was a nice teaser, but the offense looked way too anemic for a guy who's a Leach protégé. At this point we just have to wait and see. That being said, I have hope for the first time in years. Feels similar to when we hired Wren: Morris feels like a guy who talks the talk and walks the walk. Let's just hope it translates to wins.

• Upvote 5

Fence ?  The only “fence” I see is the one dividing those that support North Texas football and those that don’t.   If you do, buy season tickets and get to the games.  No excuses.  Attend your school’s football games.  On the other side of the “fence” is those that don’t support North Texas football.  So what are you non-supporters even doing here ?

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I just want to state for the record and in perpetuity that I am 100% behind Eric Morris and this Mean Green football program.  A fair amount of you guys seem to be on the fence.  I think we should get behind him.  The guy just oozes enthusiasm and he is exactly what we need at this time.  There are no excuses or pity parties with Morris!

What do you constitute as "getting behind him?"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 2

My expectations are to make a bowl game (6-6 or 7-5)and possibly win it. We were very close to doing that last year. They need to move forward and seize the moment.

La Tech, FIU, ACU, Navy, Temple, and Tulsa are all winnable. UAB, Cal, and Memphis are toss ups. Tulane, UTSA, and SMU are going to be difficult.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

57 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I am behind Coach Morris more than any other hire we have made. When the NIL gets straightened out, I think he will really excel. 

Yes.  I have also been really impressed with this staff's ability to use social media and connections at the high school level.  In just the little time since being hired it seems so far ahead of what we saw with Seth & Co.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1