North Texas Football 2023 Schedule

North Texas’ 2023 schedule features eight American Athletic Conference games. UNT’s non-conference slate includes one FCS contest against Abilene Christian, two Group of Five matchups at Florida International and Louisiana Tech, and one Power Five clash vs. Cal.

2023 North Texas Football Schedule

9/2 vs Cal

9/9 at FIU

9/16 at Louisiana Tech

9/30 vs Abilene Christian

10/7 at Navy

10/14 vs Temple

10/21 at Tulane

10/28 vs Memphis

11/4 vs UTSA

11/10 at SMU

11/18 at Tulsa

11/25 vs UAB

Link to article: https://herosports.com/fbs-north-texas-football-2023-schedule-cpcp/

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

Buy season tickets and sit on the shady side.  It will still be hot, but not as hot as general admission.

Also, look at the Dolphins/Bills game early last year.  The Dolphins outlasted the Bills and the heat was a major factor.  Hopefully it will be again.  This time the Mean Green prevail and the Bears wilt.

It is not just the heat; we have much better attendance with 6 pm games. If it's a hot day this game will likely have more Cal fans than Green for Coach Morris's first game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Same. Same. Animated GIF

Everybody I know had sunburned knees from sitting there with the sun directly overhead.  11:00am Kickoff...In Late August...In Texas...Brilliant...

Edited by trud1966
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

Wasn't Indiana the game we won, after being down in the first half? Thinking of the early season afternoon game. Opponent was in the sun the whole game and we were conditioned for it.

Back Jack, do it again.

GMG

Ball State I think.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Take it up with ESPN and the AAC. 

I am pointing out how it has worked historically at UNT home games for the beginning of the season. I would expect our AD to take it up with the AAC. 

Next, we will hear about the band being forced to melt in the sun.

Then people will be upset that the stadium looks empty on TV.

I like longer Tailgates.

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

I am pointing out how it has worked historically at UNT home games for the beginning of the season. I would expect our AD to take it up with the AAC. 

Next, we will hear about the band being forced to melt in the sun.

Then people will be upset that the stadium looks empty on TV.

I like longer Tailgates.

There’s nothing the AD can do about it. You think Texas wants to play Rice at 2:30 PM on Sept 2nd? No one is immune. Sure it sucks, but it’s a small price to pay for moving up to a conference with an actual TV contract. 

• Upvote 5