More Dave Campbell’s bias

Jonnyeagle

9 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Writer for DCTF defends UTSA against Sun Belt posters.  This is the same guy that hates UNT.

The claim itself is absurd. UTSA would do very well in the Sun Belt the same as they have in CUSA the last couple of years.

I don't think Craven hates UNT, he's just a massive UTSA homer, and it bleeds into his writing and gets quite annoying. We, as a collective fanbase on Twitter and on GMG, call him out for it all the time and it makes him mad. For all I care he can kick rocks, but DCTF is one of the only outlets that covers UNT on a broader basis (albeit very poorly at times). 

I don't hate the guy. He just wears his orange and blue on his sleeve, much like we wear green on ours. Problem is he's the lead college writer that is supposed to be unbiased against ALL Texas universities, and he isn't. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Writer for DCTF defends UTSA against Sun Belt posters.  This is the same guy that hates UNT.

Where is the bias in this post.  I agree with him.

Now, I also think he is a total DB with his usual homerisms for utsa, here he is just responding to that moronic tweet.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Where is the bias in this post.  I agree with him.

Now, I also think he is a total DB with his usual homerisms for utsa, here he is just responding to that moronic tweet.

Tell that to UTSA fans. They think he's over critical of UTSA. People just love to hate writers because they don't constantly pump up their favorite team. 

12 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

He just predicted us to go 7-5 next year. That's way more optimistic than a lot of people here think. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenSig said:

Where have you been? We do not get much respect from many media outlets, other fan's, etc., etc.

This is not surprising, or upsetting, get over it and used to it. When we earn respect we will get it.

Welcome to UNT.

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Upvote 2