Collective?

On 5/26/2023 at 3:48 PM, Okiefan said:

I was told it was 4-5 players tops, and the amount was < than 10K. Just look at the captains from last year and it might give your an indicator. I expect this staff to operate differently and try to do more if resources are made available. 

There were around 30 players last season who were a part of the collective in its first operational year. The obvious goal is to fund and help it grow well to beyond that capacity. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Speak of the devil....

I can confirm almost ever recruiting battle Morris and Co. have lost the last 2 months have been due to other teams offering more NIL money. This is not a shot at our current NIL collective. We are going to have to step up in number of donors to ever be relivent in the NIL marketplace in today game. We can't rely or expect 5-10 big money donors to carry the load. I think the NIL for North Texas has some good things going behind the scenes that will improve it moving forward. But also going to have to tap into the extremely large alumni base as well. 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1

22 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I can confirm almost ever recruiting battle Morris and Co. have lost the last 2 months have been due to other teams offering more NIL money. This is not a shot at our current NIL collective. We are going to have to step up in number of donors to ever be relivent in the NIL marketplace in today game. We can't rely or expect 5-10 big money donors to carry the load. I think the NIL for North Texas has some good things going behind the scenes that will improve it moving forward. But also going to have to tap into the extremely large alumni base as well. 

This once again circles back to an ongoing problem:  our inability to keep recent grads engaged.

If we can get 5% of our grads to remain lifelong engaged fans, our program would be exponentially better off.  Not sure why we aren't pushing this hard.  Maybe we are and GM is not seeing it.

I remember at the beginning of the Wren administration, he and SL were presenting themselves at every freshman orientation.  Does that still happen, but with Mosley and Co.?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

This once again circles back to an ongoing problem:  our inability to keep recent grads engaged.

If we can get 5% of our grads to remain lifelong engaged fans, our program would be exponentially better off.  Not sure why we aren't pushing this hard.  Maybe we are and GM is not seeing it.

I remember at the beginning of the Wren administration, he and SL were presenting themselves at every freshman orientation.  Does that still happen, but with Mosley and Co.?

Remember the AD is not supposed to be involved in the NIL at all (they still are behind the scenes of course).  So they have to be careful about what they state pubically.

• Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Remember the AD is not supposed to be involved in the NIL at all (they still are behind the scenes of course).  So they have to be careful about what they state pubically.

Correct.  Not sure if you think I was talking about NIL.

We still have the MGSF.  We still take regular donations.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenZen said:

The best thing that could happen to our NIL is beefing up the UNT business school. 

Love all the musicians and teachers, but not many of them are carrying around wads of discretionary income to stuff into the collective. 

If we could get every living teacher, working or retired, that has come through the University of North Texas, to donate $25.00 a year to the Mean Green Scholarship Fund or the Collective, we could possibly have 100's of millions of dollars in our collective.  Just think about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1