In what order do you see the new 2023 AAC football league playing out?

1 SMU

2 Tulane

3 UTSA

4 East Carolina

5 UAB

6 Florida Atlantic

7 Memphis

8 South Florida

9 Tulsa

10 Temple

11 Navy

12 UNT

13 Rice

13 Charlotte

I hope I am wrong and that we do better but looking at the fact we lost so much in the portal not just this year but last year with the twins and also the fact we lose our long time starter at QB (Aune) I just don't see an easy road for us and will chalk this up to being a rebuilding year.  Had we held onto more of our players I think we could have been middle of the pack.  Interested to see everyone else's list and thoughts.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

I'm not sure if we can still accomplish the challenges of all three phases (was it something like Hunting, Punting, and Grunting?)

Anyway, I'm looking for us to finish somewhere in the top half and a decent bowl game...really excited about it!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

My guess is 4 to 7.  East Carolina will finish above us and there is nothing we can do about that because we don't play them.  SMU will beat us at their place.  Tulane will be in the Top Three in some order.  Then, possibly us.

Yes, we lost a lot of talent through the portal but we also gained some very good players.  We will be stronger on defense and potentially better on offense.  We'll play a lot faster on both sides of the ball and not have to rely on a few defensive players...we'll have a lot who can play.

• Upvote 2

Disclaimer. This is my power rankings as of today. Not sure they will finish this way. For instance I do think SMU will be too in standings just because of their cupcake schedule. 

Tulane

UTSA

SMU

Florida Atlantic

Memphis

East Carolina

South Florida

UNT

Tulsa

UAB

Temple

Navy

Rice

Charlotte

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yet, we'll keep blindly pumping money into it for the sake of next year then next year then next decade then next whatever. 

We are a basketball school. #GMG

NO.  UTA wanted to be a basketball school and dropped football.  How is that going?

Football drives the bus at NT = more fans and more revenue, even in down seasons.

Schools get invited to P5 conferences because of Football, not Basketball.  Moving to the AAC will provide us an opportunity to keep elevating all our programs.  We can be the next UCF, Cincy, Houston.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

8th at best. Easily could be worse. Not a shot at any better. 

Yet, we'll keep blindly pumping money into it for the sake of next year then next year then next decade then next whatever. 

We are a basketball school. #GMG

With sincerity, if you need meds get them.  Don’t be so miserable.  We have plenty going for us and a lot to look forward to.  If you don’t feel that just pick something else! 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Why?

Too much production leaving. Not enough proven replacements. Easy to see. 

48 minutes ago, NT80 said:

NO.  UTA wanted to be a basketball school and dropped football.  How is that going?

Football drives the bus at NT = more fans and more revenue, even in down seasons.

Schools get invited to P5 conferences because of Football, not Basketball.  Moving to the AAC will provide us an opportunity to keep elevating all our programs.  We can be the next UCF, Cincy, Houston.

I don't believe I mentioned disbanding football. 

40 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

With sincerity, if you need meds get them.  Don’t be so miserable.  We have plenty going for us and a lot to look forward to.  If you don’t feel that just pick something else! 

I did pick something else. Basketball. And no misery here at all. Just realism. We will never ever never have a 5-year run the basketball program just had and looks to continue compounding. We will never ever have a football season to even remotely match this past basketball season. Hell, in our 110 years of football, we haven't even won 10 games. We haven't sold out our 12 year old stadium. We are who we are, and that's OK. Let's commit to something practical. All I'm saying. But, hey, the old football adage, there's always next year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5