Is Baker having fun yet?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Things aren't getting better for Coach Huggins. Not sure how he survives this on the heels of what happened a month or so ago. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/west-virginia-coach-bob-huggins-arrested-on-dui-charge

This is his second one, you can be sure he drives that way more often than not.

3 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Things aren't getting better for Coach Huggins. Not sure how he survives this on the heels of what happened a month or so ago. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/west-virginia-coach-bob-huggins-arrested-on-dui-charge

He was just trying to make up with some of the people he offended by drinking lots of BUD LIGHT possibly???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

• 3 weeks later...

Its clear he intended to resign, he went through the entire process, talking to the team, the AD and sending in a letter, it was all over the media, why wait until now?  some players have already entered the portal, some have already left, its a mess even if he wants to come back. 

37 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Its clear he intended to resign, he went through the entire process, talking to the team, the AD and sending in a letter, it was all over the media, why wait until now?  some players have already entered the portal, some have already left, its a mess even if he wants to come back. 

Does he want to come back or just collect a check?

• Upvote 2

On 7/8/2023 at 11:41 PM, NT80 said:

More fun for Wren....

Former coach Bob Huggins says he never resigned at WVU

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37981764/former-coach-bob-huggins-says-never-resigned-wvu

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operations/personnel/article/15540797/bob-huggins-resigns-as-wvu-coach-following-dui-arrest

West Virginia University men's basketball coach Bob Huggins, weeks removed from a radio slur controversy that caused him to accept a pay cut, has resigned his position following his arrest Friday for driving under the influence.

As reported by USA Today, the resignation came Saturday, one day after Huggins was pulled over in Pittsburgh.

"Today, I have submitted a letter to President Gordon Gee and Vice President and Director of Athletics Wren Baker informing them of my resignation and intention to retire as head men's basketball coach at West Virginia University effective immediately,"  Huggins said in a statement, as reported by WSAZ in Huntington, W.V.

"My recent actions do not represent the values of the University or the leadership expected in this role. While I have always tried to represent our University with honor, I have let all of you – and myself – down. I am solely responsible for my conduct and sincerely apologize to the University community – particularly to the student-athletes, coaches and staff in our program.

ADVERTISEMENT
AB23_AB_Today_723_970x90.jpg

"It has been the honor of my professional career to lead the men’s basketball program at my alma mater and I take great pride in our accomplishments. But I am most proud of the tremendous young men who chose to spend their formative years with us, and who have gone on to do great things with their lives.

"I was born in Morgantown, graduated from West Virginia University and had the pleasure of coaching here for seventeen seasons as an assistant or head coach. It will always be my home, and I will always be a Mountaineer.

Browse the Industry's Top Companies
Program Management
Security

"Thank you to everyone who has supported our program over the years. It has meant more to me and my family than you could ever know.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operations/personnel/article/15540797/bob-huggins-resigns-as-wvu-coach-following-dui-arrest

West Virginia University men's basketball coach Bob Huggins, weeks removed from a radio slur controversy that caused him to accept a pay cut, has resigned his position following his arrest Friday for driving under the influence.

As reported by USA Today, the resignation came Saturday, one day after Huggins was pulled over in Pittsburgh.

"Today, I have submitted a letter to President Gordon Gee and Vice President and Director of Athletics Wren Baker informing them of my resignation and intention to retire as head men's basketball coach at West Virginia University effective immediately,"  Huggins said in a statement, as reported by WSAZ in Huntington, W.V.

"My recent actions do not represent the values of the University or the leadership expected in this role. While I have always tried to represent our University with honor, I have let all of you – and myself – down. I am solely responsible for my conduct and sincerely apologize to the University community – particularly to the student-athletes, coaches and staff in our program.

ADVERTISEMENT
AB23_AB_Today_723_970x90.jpg

"It has been the honor of my professional career to lead the men’s basketball program at my alma mater and I take great pride in our accomplishments. But I am most proud of the tremendous young men who chose to spend their formative years with us, and who have gone on to do great things with their lives.

"I was born in Morgantown, graduated from West Virginia University and had the pleasure of coaching here for seventeen seasons as an assistant or head coach. It will always be my home, and I will always be a Mountaineer.

Browse the Industry's Top Companies
Program Management

Security

"Thank you to everyone who has supported our program over the years. It has meant more to me and my family than you could ever know.

Well, this one looks like he actually wrote it himself.