Is Baker having fun yet?

I feel bad for Wren. I really do.  But his laissez faire attitude as an AD is proving quite problematic.  There were a lot pf people telling Wren he needed to deal with forcing Huggins into retirement or just making a change.  Wren policy is he never fires anyone and smiles a lot.  This usually works well but not in this case.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

I feel bad for Wren. I really do.  But his laissez faire attitude as an AD is proving quite problematic.  There were a lot pf people telling Wren he needed to deal with forcing Huggins into retirement or just making a change.  Wren policy is he never fires anyone and smiles a lot.  This usually works well but not in this case.

Just how green is the grass at WVU now. So, is the grass always greener. Just asking.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, untphd said:

Just how green is the grass at WVU now. So, is the grass always greener. Just asking.

He didnt make the move because "the grass was greener". He made it to move up in his career. Bigger schools = bigger headaches.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

How is this even news that a coach used it as an insult?  Honestly, I would think the anti-Catholic angle would be the far bigger issue, especially in that part of the country.

Dude..it's 2023.   I got a complaint against me for using the word "lame".  Apparently I was being 'ableist'.  I remember when the word police used to be the religious right-wingers.  Now it's the super lefties.   He has to get his public shaming for saying a no-no word.

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

How is this even news that a coach used that as an insult?  Honestly, I would think the anti-Catholic angle would be the far bigger issue, especially in that part of the country.

It's not news that used the word, it's news he used it during an interview. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

it has nothing to do with my feelings...just that most (well...apparently most) have adapted their language in the last 20 years to recognize that some terms commonly held as acceptable, in jest or otherwise, 20 years ago are no longer so.

Huggins, on air, used a slur...twice...and in such a way where it sounded very casual and probably a part of his everyday vernacular. I'm not calling for his firing, but if he is fired he only has himself to blame. 

Agree 100%

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

it has nothing to do with my feelings...just that most (well...apparently most) have adapted their language in the last 20 years to recognize that some terms commonly held as acceptable, in jest or otherwise, 20 years ago are no longer so.

Huggins, on air, used a slur...twice...and in such a way where it sounded very casual and probably a part of his everyday vernacular. I'm not calling for his firing, but if he is fired he only has himself to blame. 

Seemed like WVU had been trending downward in basketball as is..... this honestly gives Wren cover to fire him if he wants to reset 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 5/8/2023 at 11:01 PM, Glory to the Green said:

Yeah…

If they want to keep him: Athletic department imposes a 4 game suspension w/pay while undergoing sensitivity training.  

If they want him gone, he’s gone. 

If they want him gone, but can’t:  2 Year suspension w/out pay?

Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV+

• Haha 2