Softball vs. MTSU (5/5-7/23)

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

And now because of the pinch runner amounting to nothing, if we win it's going to have to be without Gamble's power.

Unlike baseball, the player that is run for can re-enter the game. 

We have to find a hitter to back up Gamble. There is no reason to pitch to her. Smith is okay, but a .260 isn’t keeping the opposing team from pitching around Gamble. I would be tempted to put Simon behind Gamble and move Smith just to keep pitchers honest. 

Edited by UNTLifer

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Unlike baseball, the player that is run for can re-enter the game. 

We have to find a hitter to back up Gamble. There is no reason to pitch to her. Smith is okay, but a .260 isn’t keeping the opposing team from pitching around Gamble. I would be tempted to put Simon behind Gamble and move Smith just to keep pitchers honest. 

Who is the hitting coach for this team?

On 5/7/2023 at 3:41 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Who is the hitting coach for this team?

Not sure. MTSU had a young lady from Austin, Amaya Harris, that has a beautiful stroke and can run. Wonder how we let her end up in TN. 

Correction: she is not from Austin.  Guess I heard wrong, although they have a few players from Texas on the team.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

The Umps screwed us by not calling out that runner at second, which led to MT's first run. The game may not have even gone into extra innings if that dude would have made the right call. BUT... our regular season never should have come down to needing a sweep against MTSU. 

Where is this team? I miss their hunger and aggression. I want to this team again next week.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1