Perry commits to Kansas State

11 hours ago, CMJ said:

Chris Davis was absolutely amazing.  It's unfortunate he only played for a single winning team, and that was only 15-14, his Junior campaign.  

The first time I saw him play I couldn't believe how big he was. 6 foot 6inch guard. He scored 2254 points, he was amazing.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

OK so I get the love for Tylor and quite frankly he' s the best we ever had in the history of the program and all of you all know this and if you don't you should step aside.

How much of the history of the program have you witnessed?

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Yes but he did not have to play against as high a level of competition as Tylor or Hamlet

Do you ever check before posting?"

The Big West was a pretty good conference

Plus here are some of the oc games

A&M multiple times

Texas Tech multiple times

TCU multiple times

Arkansas #20 in nation

Maryland #5 in nation

Oklahoma St #11 in nation

Indiana St

Baylor

Oklahoma

etc, etc, 

If anything, Davis played at a much higher level of competition than the current NT teams face

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

OK so I get the love for Tylor and quite frankly he' s the best we ever had in the history of the program and all of you all know this and if you don't you should step aside.

With one single post you have activated my troll meter and it is redlining.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Perry was one of the best ever, however I would go with Joe Hamilton or Kenneth Lyons as the best ever.  

Hamilton did everything Perry did without the luxury of the 3 pointer.   He was IMO a much better point guard at distributing the ball and was a much quicker player than Perry.  Both Perry and Hamilton were great outside shooters, but Hamilton was much better scoring on drives to the basket.  Hamilton also played in the old MVC which was a much better league than current CUSA.

Lyons played four years and at 6'7 was as tough as it gets.  

Both Hamilton and Lyons statistically benefited from playing in a run and shoot offense compared to McCasland's slow pace. 

I am sure these players were way before your time, however be careful when you state someone is the greatest of all time without at least attempting to see what the competition for that title would be. 

Obviously, there where NT players that very well could be better than any I ever witnessed such as John Savage, Jim Mudd, etc.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Perry was one of the best ever, however I would go with Joe Hamilton or Kenneth Lyons as the best ever.  

Hamilton did everything Perry did without the luxury of the 3 pointer.   He was IMO a much better point guard at distributing the ball and was a much quicker player than Perry.  Both Perry and Hamilton were great outside shooters, but Hamilton was much better scoring on drives to the basket.  Hamilton also played in the old MVC which was a much better league than current CUSA.

Lyons played four years and at 6'7 was as tough as it gets.  

Both Hamilton and Lyons statistically benefited from playing in a run and shoot offense compared to McCasland's slow pace. 

I am sure these players were way before your time, however be careful when you state someone is the greatest of all time without at least attempting to see what the competition for that title would be. 

Obviously, there were NT players that very well could be better than any I ever witnessed such as John Savage, Jim Mudd, etc.    

Lyons is before my time, but his #’s speak for themselves.  He’s a legend.

14 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

More importantly, what does your girlfriend think?  She probably says Tony Mitchell.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

John Savage of Detroit Texas averaged 19.2 ppg and 11.0 rebounds per game.  He was two time All MVC and honorable mention All-American.  He played three years in the Missouri Valley Conference which was at the time one of the .premier basketball conferences in the country.  We do tend to remember best those we have seen play.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Lyons is before my time, but his #’s speak for themselves.  He’s a legend.

More importantly, what does your girlfriend think?  She probably says Tony Mitchell.

Honestly overall rating and prospect wise Tony would definitely be a top 5. Who else has been drafted since… or even prior.

Hamlet actually brought it while here and didn’t run away like Perry. Perry is nothing. Hamlet is king. 

• Confused 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 6

45 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Honestly overall rating and prospect wise Tony would definitely be a top 5. Who else has been drafted since… or even prior.

Hamlet actually brought it while here and didn’t run away like Perry. Perry is nothing. Hamlet is king. 

Well now, this is pretty bold.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

59 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/3/2023 at 8:43 PM, Green Lantern said:

Gotta admit - that’s a wild quote. Can be interpreted a couple of different ways. 

Not a fan of the “you’ve done everything you can here”. Winning the NIT was special but it’s not the NCAA Tournament. We could have run it back again next season - added a couple transfer pieces and tried to make a Sweet 16 push. 

If that is an accurate quote, NT just hired the wrong head coach.  Frankly, I highly doubt Hodge ever said that.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3

As much as I respect TP, this one stings a little bit. I am not saying we are in the same level as a K State from a funding perspective, but as with years before, I feel like we can hang with most teams in the nation. 

Wouldn't it be bittersweet to meet K State in the tourney and beat them?

• Upvote 2