GoMeanGreen.com Indoor Golf Tournament to Benefit NIL?

C Rod

14 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I am not very good but love to play.  Would be very interested in something like this.

That's okay because since we're fundraising for a good cause, we could use this to our advantage and encourage players to purchase mulligans for $5 - $10 a pop. Don't like your last shot? Buy another!

We could even setup one bay to have a closest to the pin competition with a prize. Everyone who wants to play has to buy in at $50. Each additional shot after that is $35 or purchase four attempts for $100. 

For those who don't play golf, 1611 also has a gastropub with TV playing sports. A raffle at the door would allow non-golfers to participate and win donated UNT swag prizes. Maybe, just maybe, a generous UNT Hub Club season ticket holder will donate some HUB Club Tickets to raffle away. 

Would be great to have a GMG corporate title sponsor that could cover the costs of the rental bays and the UNT raffle give-aways. 

• Upvote 6

• C Rod changed the title to GoMeanGreen.com Indoor Golf Tournament to Benefit NIL?
20 minutes ago, C Rod said:

That's okay because since we're fundraising for a good cause, we could use this to our advantage and encourage players to purchase mulligans for $5 - $10 a pop. Don't like your last shot? Buy another!

We could even setup one bay to have a closest to the pin competition with a prize. Everyone who wants to play has to buy in at $50. Each additional shot after that is $35 or purchase four attempts for $100. 

For those who don't play golf, 1611 also has a gastropub with TV playing sports. A raffle at the door would allow non-golfers to participate and win donated UNT swag prizes. Maybe, just maybe, a generous UNT Hub Club season ticket holder will donate some HUB Club Tickets to raffle away. 

Would be great to have a GMG corporate title sponsor that could cover the costs of the rental bays and the UNT raffle give-aways. 

Sounds like you have an idea of what and how to do it.  I say, move ahead with the plans and let us know what we can do to help.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Sounds like you have an idea of what and how to do it.  I say, move ahead with the plans and let us know what we can do to help.

Crunching the numbers... The cost to rent out 1611 Golf on a Saturday for 3 hours (10 am-1 pm) is $1,750. Included is all 8 Trackman hitting bays with 4 golfers per bay. This would allow for a 32 player, single-round tournament. If I can land a corporate sponsor to cover the cost for the rental bays in exchange for online and in-person exposure, 100% of the entry fees would go to the LTTC NIL.

Big questions is, what is the right entry fee price point to lock-in 32 players while still being able to donate a good chunk of change to the LTTC NIL? Entry fee of $125? (32 players x $125 = $4000) Curious to hear the board's thoughts.

Timing wise, I'm thinking Saturday August 26th, one week before we kickoff the season vs Cal.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, C Rod said:

Crunching the numbers... The cost to rent out 1611 Golf on a Saturday for 3 hours (10 am-1 pm) is $1,750. Included is all 8 Trackman hitting bays with 4 golfers per bay. This would allow for a 32 player, single-round tournament. If I can land a corporate sponsor to cover the cost for the rental bays in exchange for online and in-person exposure, 100% of the entry fees would go to the LTTC NIL.

Big questions is, what is the right entry fee price point to lock-in 32 players while still being able to donate a good chunk of change to the LTTC NIL? Entry fee of $125? (32 players x $125 = $4000) Curious to hear the board's thoughts.

Timing wise, I'm thinking Saturday August 26th, one week before we kickoff the season vs Cal.

Count me and a friend in!

• Upvote 2

How about a bowling tournament too?  That meets the "indoor" requirement, and goes well with beer drinking. 😉

Truth in advertising: I'm neither a golfer or a bowler, and I don't drink much beer...

• Upvote 3