VIDEO: Last time 🔻Texas Tech▪️played in the Super Pit—This happened! You can’t blame Coach Mac for not wanting to play us—esp. in the Super Pit!

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to Last time Texas🔻◾️Tech played at North 🟩⬛️Texas! •••You can’t blame Coach Mac for not wanting to play us—esp. in the Super Pit!

One more video…

GMG!  

Prediction:  Some of us on GMG were at the UNT•SMU game when 10,500 butts in seats showed.  (I believe the Dallas Morning News actually said “10,700” in their boxscore).  Anyhow, the Super Pit was rockin’ that night & the ol’ Lady  will again this coming season when the ‘Stangs play us this Fall. (I remember an SMU 🔻🔷🔻fraternity were sitting in the aisles where their tickets were located.  I believe the Denton Fire Marshall (friend Bob Hagemon) also did them a favor by turning his head to allow it. 

GMG!

AFCCF448-CE58-44D7-8940-1C7817EF66AF.jpeg.6fc2bacdfca8e357892e4f3280a64d21.jpeg
EA90BAE8-4CC8-4553-AE8A-6FEF1D3CEE9B.gif.cf8d91ea0eb31a66246e159278ca124f.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to VIDEO: Last time Texas 🔺▪️🔻Tech played at North 🟩⬛️Texas! •••You can’t blame Coach Mac for not wanting to play us—esp. in the Super Pit!
  • PlummMeanGreen changed the title to VIDEO: Last time 🔺▪️Texas Tech played in the Super Pit—This happened! You can’t blame Coach Mac for not wanting to play us—esp. in the Super Pit!

I remember some saying the crowd we had against San Francisco in the CBI Final was as good as we'd ever had enthusiasm wise.  Especially because it was at least 90% our people and OSU and TTU brought a lot of their own fans.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I remember quit a few great crowds during the Blakeley years. 

In his first year, my father went to some games like when they hosted Baylor and TCU, said it was an unbelievable environment and all games should be close to that. And that was 1976!! 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, CMJ said:

Also we had 8000+ just a couple of years ago at a game to clinch the regular season title, right?  I'm sure that was a lit crowd too.

It was the La Tech game  & one of the most satisfying times many of us had in the Super Pit since it opened in 1972.  
Here was one of the celebrity fans at that game (along with Mrs. Travis).  The TV broadcasters had fun with this moment.  5B3FFAFD-1D1B-472B-891C-D005D7ADC6FB.jpeg.524ad0d16fde40cd5418cb7a9680a93d.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to VIDEO: Last time 🔻Texas Tech▪️played in the Super Pit—This happened! You can’t blame Coach Mac for not wanting to play us—esp. in the Super Pit!
1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

TP's shot at 1:13 I think is the loudest I've heard The Pit in my short lifetime. I wish I could find a replay of what it sounded like on the broadcast.

ELITE student section that night. There are times when they get a good turnout but they’re mostly sitting. The kids got after La Tech all. game. long. 

5671A374-82DC-4D57-8755-0667720A3137.jpeg

A88C7CC3-0EF5-4FB0-B60D-90FE38B5A29B.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1