Abou officially enters transfer portal

6 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

As a said in the other thread we should wait for concrete news and here it is. Transferring definitely seems like something was going on. It's a top priority to keep Sissoko now. 

Sussoko has already used his free transfer. Gets one more when he graduates I think.

• Upvote 2

Guys, barring the explanation given being the God's honest truth, the answer is obvious. Abou knew he was going to transfer, and told Mac. He decided not to play in the NIT (or they decided together) so he wouldn't injure himself and hurt his prospects in the portal. At that point, they also wanted to cover for him not playing with his team in a postseason tournament when they needed him most (which would reflect on his commitment and integrity). Ergo, Abou will not play in the tournament due to a family emergency. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

29 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Guys, barring the explanation given being the God's honest truth, the answer is obvious. Abou knew he was going to transfer, and told Mac. He decided not to play in the NIT (or they decided together) so he wouldn't injure himself and hurt his prospects in the portal. At that point, they also wanted to cover for him not playing with his team in a postseason tournament when they needed him most (which would reflect on his commitment and integrity). Ergo, Abou will not play in the tournament due to a family emergency. 

I guess he didn't consider the idea of presenting a 4-game NIT tourney highlight reel and championship as a way to improve his portal status.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

Oh well. I’ve lost a bit of respect for him because of the past few weeks, but it’s not like it altered how we played because we played better without him.

I said how I wouldn’t mind if he transferred during the season, and got a ton of shit for it. Well I think, especially after this NIT stuff, that Sissoko is a lot better than Abou.

He was super close with Reem because he recruited him, and while I don’t think he goes to K State, possibly being near home would make sense. Like a Rutgers or something in that area.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 4

15 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I actually take it as a very good sign that the fans don't really know anything about what went on behind the scene with Abou. The fact that you could lose a starter under less than ideal circumstances, no matter what caused it, and still win a tournament while keeping a lid on team business in the media is kind of refreshing. I wish him well and anticipate that we will have a replacement recruited in the coming months. I also anticipate a HS big man will get recruited also.

College Sports Ncaa GIF by Texas Tech Basketball

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Morgan is transferring?

And why wouldn't he? He's sat on the bench for two years. I was actually really excited to see him play but for some reason he was deemed not ready to play for years now by the coaching staff... Hate to lose a player of his size. 

• Upvote 1

Best of luck to Abou. Nothing personal against the guy, but I think we will be fine. I liked how our offense flowed for much of the last four games. Sissoko doesn't take as many shots as Abou, but he knows when to it appears.

It is tough for our offense to get easy/open shots, and Abou blew a lot of them.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1