Officially Announced: GM the HC for TTU

Travis

https://texastech.com/news/2023/3/31/mens-basketball-grant-mccasland-named-texas-tech-head-coach.aspx

You know what you sorry MF'ers, there is a special place in hell for the likes of GM.  And there is a special place in hell for all you sorry folks that will down vote me on this.  And if you dare to give me a skeptical eagle, a confused face, or even a Ray... THEN I WILL SEE YOU IN HELL... from heaven of course. Because I don't fancy the idea of being in hell. Sounds dreadful.

Sad day for losing a world class coach. But since he really is destined for that special hell place for abandoning us, should we really miss him? 

I am excited and pumped for the upcoming promotion of our heaven-bound Ross Hodge to HC.  He is a saint unlike some former HC's of ours. 

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 4
  • RV 1
  • Confused 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 3

3 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I don’t have any issues with Grant.  Tech leaking the story the day of the final, then not giving us even one day to celebrate is just completely sorry.  I used to root for them.  No longer.

It was sorry.  I also hate the bottom of the link where he is wearing red, holding guns up, and saying wreck 'em.

It is just too soon. 

How can one just move on so quickly. I thought we had something special. 

https://youtu.be/PXyWgLBrAyE

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

12 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

I remember that Mc-whatever guy, I think. 

Dude that worked here before Hodge, right? 

Anyway, good luck to him. Or, thoughts and prayers, whatever happens to be going on. Didn't bother reading. 

You had me at Hodge.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Travis said:

It was sorry.  I also hate the bottom of the link where he is wearing red, holding guns up, and saying wreck 'em.

It is just too soon. 

How can one just move on so quickly. I thought we had something special. 

https://youtu.be/PXyWgLBrAyE

Any doubt it's all business? I appreciate what he did here, but this sucks. At least wait a couple of days!

image.png.f310058f453fbe77c9dfb15f1b18f16f.png

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 5

Congrats coach and thanks for what you've done for the program and the memories...well deserved.  

We'll probably never find out what went into the decision-making process, but it should would be interesting to find out.  There's the money obviously and we've heard about the connection to Tech.  After all that, it's about winning championships and legacy, I guess.  Did he feel he's accomplished all he can at UNT...that the likely-hood of winning an NCAA national championship at Tech is far greater than at UNT?  Was he disappointed in or beaten down by the lack of community and student support?  Or maybe the timing was just right.  He feels he's leaving the program in good hands and wanted to start his own coaching tree.  BTW, how many branches do you need before you have your own tree in the coaching world?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

They clearly are picking him up from the private terminal at McCarran.  Look at the mountains in the background . It's disappointing he didn't even fly home with the team.

I wish success for him and can't say I wouldn't do the same if offered that money, but TX Tech and Lubbock is an awful place to live and recruit to.  

Really hoping Tech comes to town next year and we wipe the floor with them. 

13 minutes ago, meanrob said:

This was about as good of a handoff as can happen. Some of these coaching changes in the past have been disasters. 

If after what happened last night you are losing your shit today….you have a serious glass half-empty issue. 

I don't think we've ever had an "our coach is leaving" go as well as this one has. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Are you okay??? This is beyond insane to even type out and post on here. Come on man…

Are you okay?

To answer your question I respond in the words of our favorite band ‘The Zack Attack’, “I thought we would always be together. I was sure our love would last. Here I am, all alone. Did we ever have a chance?” 

yesterday I was so excited.  But now I am so… so… scared!!!!

Edited by Travis
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2