Sissoko to the NBA

He has such a soft touch as well.  Abou would be unstoppable with that touch.  I love Sissoko.  He makes a few "rookie" mistakes, but he also plays with such a maturity to his game.  His growth this year has been phenomenal.  I am afraid we have seen the last of Abou.  I hope I am wrong, but something just doesn't add up regarding his absence.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He has such a soft touch as well.  Abou would be unstoppable with that touch.  I love Sissoko.  He makes a few "rookie" mistakes, but he also plays with such a maturity to his game.  His growth this year has been phenomenal.  I am afraid we have seen the last of Abou.  I hope I am wrong, but something just doesn't add up regarding his absence.

Great way to explain it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigWillie said:

I have been saying he was better than Abou since seeing him in limited minutes. I like Abou, but I think it's time to pass the reins.

I think it is time to get Abou back and put them out there together.

• Upvote 1

I'm not gonna get lost in the weeds y'all seem to love of who is better...it's a mindless and pointless argument, y'all have fun...

but what I will say forget even Sissoko's development and maturation over the course of the season, or even over the course of the tournament run...

how about Sissoko's development and maturation over a 2 minute and 40 second period at the end of the game?

at 4:48 remaining in the second half, down 54-52, Sissoko caught a pass from Rubin around FT-line extended, lowered his head and shoulder and got called for a (suss) charge. Grant took a timeout and the entire way to the bench Sissoko was "my bad" tapping his chest. 

at 2:08 left in the game, tied at 54, Sissoko caught a pass from Rubin around FT-line extended...the exact same set...he patiently and calmly assessed the lane, looked opposite for a potentially open perimeter look, then strongly and smartly backed down a 7-footer and scored a soft half-hook shot to put UNT up 56-54...the eventual game winning bucket. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'm not gonna get lost in the weeds y'all seem to love of who is better...it's a mindless and pointless argument, y'all have fun...

but what I will say forget even Sissoko's development and maturation over the course of the season, or even over the course of the tournament run...

how about Sissoko's development and maturation over a 2 minute and 40 second period at the end of the game?

at 4:48 remaining in the second half, down 54-52, Sissoko caught a pass from Rubin around FT-line extended, lowered his head and shoulder and got called for a (suss) charge. Grant took a timeout and the entire way to the bench Sissoko was "my bad" tapping his chest. 

at 2:08 left in the game, tied at 54, Sissoko caught a pass from Rubin around FT-line extended...the exact same set...he patiently and calmly assessed the lane, looked opposite for a potentially open perimeter look, then strongly and smartly backed down a 7-footer and scored a soft half-hook shot to put UNT up 56-54...the eventual game winning bucket. 

Yep, love his savvy.  Great footwork, soft shot, monster on the boards.  Lot's to love about him.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tmjerm said:

I do think he’s more complete but if you wanna pick it apart he doesn’t seem as rangey.  He’s just so damn aggressive and strong though rangey doesn’t matter.  The dude is a meat eater and it’s great! 

Some might call this profile a "true" center. And I'm certainly okay with that.