UAB (3/30/23)

CMJ

As soon as the teams crossed the 50 point mark, it became clear how much the pace had slowed down and how everything was turning into a grind. It was a NT game. 

sure enough, UAB only made 2 field goals over the final 10+ minutes of the game!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

That was a crazy second half...We played a little out of control and turned it over but our defense kept us in it until offense got going again. Awesome game and win! Been watching unt bball religiously since 2005 and waiting for a championship like this... The Purdue NCAA tourney win was great but this is my favorite series of wins since 2005. 

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

I may not sleep tonight.  No, I will eventually if passing out counts (hahha).  This team is so special I hope they understand.  If not, they will in ten years.  CHAMPIONS!!! Forever and no one can take it away from you. Thank you players and coaches for a great season and a wild ride through the post season.  Drink it in!

• Upvote 6

UNT hoops fan since 1990 here .  I am grateful to the players and entire staff . These people have been a gift to me to watch . Beyond words and still stunned .

UAB brought out the best in us and I thought their players and coaches were also class acts . Thank you UAB. 

• Upvote 6

I’m not going to say we lose if those shot clock violations were called, but we definitely weren’t winning by 7.   Huge blown calls by the refs that altered the course of the game.

And guess what?  Only people in Birmingham will remember those calls in 5 years… as the hardware rests proudly just off Bonnie Brae in Denton, TX!!

So proud of this team!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I’m not going to say we lose if those shot clock violations were called, but we definitely weren’t winning by 7.   Huge blown calls by the refs that altered the course of the game.

And guess what?  Only people in Birmingham will remember those calls in 5 years… as the hardware rests proudly just off Bonnie Brae in Denton, TX!!

So proud of this team!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Then we also take 2 away from UAB for the 2 FTs made due to Walker's flop on his 3ptr.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So proud of this team!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Payback for all the Jelly flops…here and in Frisco!  🙂

• Upvote 3