I'm starting to think Tech "May" hire someone else

This article another poster posted is saying they May go after May.  The more I study it the more it makes sense to me.  May is going places that not many including McCasland have ever gone before.

Regardless of where one comes down on the subject of McCasland versus May, however, it seems quite clear to me that Texas Tech's search committee should at least Interview May before making a decision. It would seem the very definition of reckless to neglect a coach who is banging on the door of the Final Four.

LINK:  https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Article/McCasland-versus-May-Grant-McCasland-Dusty-May-Jerome-Tang-Markquis-Nowell-James-Dickey-Bob-Knight-207294417/

• Upvote 6

It seems Texas Tech is waiting on someone given that most of the Power Schools with open jobs have filled them.  The only question is WHO are they waiting on.  Likely it's our guy, but perhaps not!

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

It seems Texas Tech is waiting on someone given that most of the Power Schools with open jobs have filled them.  The only question is WHO are they waiting on.  Likely it's our guy, but perhaps not!

Exactly.   It almost has to be someone still playing, which really limits things to Grant and May.     May is becoming a hotter name now.   But, I fear they have already committed to and offered Grant.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, BleedingGreen said:

What if the Miami coach retires after their Final Four appearance?  You couldn’t go “Wong” with May . 

Larranaga is 73, so that might not be far fetched.  However, I tend to think he'll coach another couple of years.  He seems to be having the time of his life right now.

Of course, if they win it all -- maybe Larranaga would step down.  Tough to win at Miami  historically (even he was struggling a few years back when he had a string of losing seasons), might as well go out on top.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Mac and May should stay. To prove loyalty, show the players how to be honorable and stick with something, and show the college world anyone can win it and remain competitive. It doesn’t have to be the same 16 teams every year. FAU was already ranked (in the wayyyy to early rankings) to be a top 16 team next year assuming the status quo. Why would May or any other player transfer or leave…. Foolishness. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 3

31 minutes ago, C Rod said:

I’m thinking of staring a Twitter whisper campaign to help Texas Tech realize Dusty May is the right man for the job. Here’s what I’ve got so far. Feel free to add to the list.

- Craig James has referred to Grant McCasland as his best friend on several occasions.

- Rumor has it Grant McCasland hates tortillas.

- When asked on his thoughts of Buddy Holly’s music, Grant McCasland’s alleged response was, “Sorry, never heard of her.”

- Grant McCasland once referred to Lubbock as “the prettiest truck stop in America”.

- When Grant McCasland has to visit Lubbock, he opts for the Irish Inn & Suites in Muleshoe, TX.

I heard Grant once probably, maybe said "red and black is ugly"

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, C Rod said:

I’m thinking of staring a Twitter whisper campaign to help Texas Tech realize Dusty May is the right man for the job. Here’s what I’ve got so far. Feel free to add to the list.

- Craig James has referred to Grant McCasland as his best friend on several occasions.

- Rumor has it Grant McCasland hates tortillas.

- When asked on his thoughts of Buddy Holly’s music, Grant McCasland’s alleged response was, “Sorry, never heard of her.”

- Grant McCasland once referred to Lubbock as “the prettiest truck stop in America”.

- When Grant McCasland has to visit Lubbock, he opts for the Irish Inn & Suites in Muleshoe, TX.

My buddy who went to Tech sent this one to me just now… 

"Grant McCasland was once overheard at a Taylor Swift concert saying, 'that Waylon Jennings is a bitch.”

• Haha 7

For those of you who have not been to Lubbock it takes someone who can handle a culture shock. I was at the Lubbock airport many years ago and when I looked out the window I determined that while it was not the end of the world I could see it from there. Coach Mac has lived there and knows what he would be sighing up for. Coach May lives in Ft. Lauderdale, which is the opposite of West Texas. He will get offers from other programs on the East Coast which might suit him better. Who knows?

• Eye Roll 2