Houston vs Miami

DeepGreen

38 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Man, did Houston suck wind tonight!  How embarrassing!

Let me know when UNT makes a Sweet 16, and by that I mean the real Sweet 16 not the rinky-dink Not Invited Tournament.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 4
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

And UNT has never been in a Final 4, Elite 8 or Sweet 16. How sad.

We could get there if a coach would stick and build the team. Oh Houston is 3-3 in the CBI as well…. Outside of just recently 2018-2019 Houston basketball wasnt anything special. A lucky year hete or there like many. It’s not the 80s anymore. Houston could easily drop again. Lucky they got invited to another conference. They avoid some “lower level” schools who would run them off the court. I guess losing to Oklahoma State or Baylor is better. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

Let me know when UNT makes a Sweet 16, and by that I mean the real Sweet 16 not the rinky-dink Not Invited Tournament.

Houston was the #1 team in the country most of the season, were they not?  High expectations in H town and the cougars laid a fat egg.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

And yet here you are talking about your team on our board. You couldn’t wait to see what we had here to say about li’l ol’ Houston that needed you to come avenge their honor.

You seriously enjoy it around here? I feel like you come in and try to kick everyone in the nuts yet every time your tactics end up getting everyone to kick you in the nuts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

The tournament is about who is the best, but it's not solely about that.  It's also about luck (both good and bad) as well as matchups.  Houston had a great season.  So did Alabama.  Hell, so did Kansas and Purdue. (And I haven't even mentioned the two seed trio of UCLA, Arizona, Marquette)

March isn't a total crapshoot, but there's a reason why this is probably the toughest tournament to win.  It takes six (or even seven if you go through the First Four) games within three weeks where you have to be in top form.  In a row.  No off nights like the NBA or NHL or MLB.  And unlike the NFL or CFB where the sheer number of players means no one (not even a QB) having the game of his life will get you a victory...in the Big Dance some unknown kid from South Eastern Middle State of the Sacred Heart can get hot and put up 45, thereby taking down a giant.

Edited by CMJ
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

The true side of CK has been shown. Lol These are jokes!!!!

DeepGreen wanted smoke and I brought some heat. You should see what gets posted on the Big 12 boards and Facebook groups, I don't think most of you guys would survive on there.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

26 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

DeepGreen wanted smoke and I brought some heat. You should see what gets posted on the Big 12 boards and Facebook groups, I don't think most of you guys would survive on there.

I think you're kinda proving the opposite, honestly.  Not exactly displaying a thick skin here.  And who posts on Facebook groups?  Are you an 80 year old woman? 😁

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

I think you're kinda proving the opposite, honestly.  Not exactly displaying a thick skin here.  And who posts on Facebook groups?  Are you an 80 year old woman? 😁

SMU taught me how to live rent-free on here. 

Power 5 Facebook groups are filled with people of varying ages.

Of course, UNT has never played big time sports, so I forgive you for not knowing that 

• Ray 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1