FAU/Tennessee

Big Z

17 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What an unbelievable postseason by FAU, and the entirety of CUSA in general.  Just so proud.

Indeed, and these guys are moving with us.  This is going to be a real fun league.   I’m damn sure we can still compete post Grant era and Eric is getting me hyped for our football future.  Already booked for the October Tulane trip.  Great crew scootin into the AAC. 

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

FAU was cold and kept it close. Once they made some shots, it was over.  I like to think that they still haven’t faced a defense as good as UNT. 

FAU's margin of victory in the NCAA 

Memphis 1

Fairleigh Dickinson 8

Tennessee (Mighty SEC) 7

For comparison:

NT 4

NT 4

FAU has a great team and I hope they win it all, but NT certainly looks as good as anyone they have played in the tourney.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

7 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

FAU's margin of victory in the NCAA 

Memphis 1

Fairleigh Dickinson 8

Tennessee (Mighty SEC) 7

For comparison:

NT 4

NT 4

FAU has a great team and I hope they win it all, but NT certainly looks as good as anyone they have played in the tourney.

This is one of the most fantastic showings by a CUSA group in the postseason that I can remember!!!!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, blurbeard said:

Ditto! Incredible run by FAU! I don’t think they get by KSU for a final four appearance but who knows!

A team that can get as hot as they can always has a chance. It’ll be a tough game. Let’s see if FAU has enough juice left. Saturday is a quick turnaround after playing a physical team like Tennessee. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

A team that can get as hot as they can always has a chance. It’ll be a tough game. Let’s see if FAU has enough juice left. Saturday is a quick turnaround after playing a physical team like Tennessee. 

Honestly did seem as physical as I anticipated.

But I could be wrong.  I'm the one sitting in front of my keyboard snorting my drink through my nose.  Doesn't mean I know how hard they're feeling it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Well, Kansas St went to OT. I'm sure they'll be feeling it as well. 

• Upvote 2

I really like what I see in leadership from Coach May and Coach Mac.  (Perhaps Coach Kennedy off the court is similar . I don’t know ). The care for players, on court demeanor (although different) , and service above self show and makes the players serve each other that way .

sincerely, 

non profit guy lol

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

Thought this was a cool moment. When asked about UNT/UAB, he smiled…like he was proud of his conference mates.  It’s been a similar vibe on Twitter. All CUSA teams are pulling for each other. 

Cool video and all, but it needs to be known by EVERYBODY that these teams are going to the AAC. Judy The Joke will probably try boasting cusa next year because of this success. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

8 hours ago, BleedingGreen said:

I really like what I see in leadership from Coach May and Coach Mac.  (Perhaps Coach Kennedy off the court is similar . I don’t know ). The care for players, on court demeanor (although different) , and service above self show and makes the players serve each other that way .

sincerely, 

non profit guy lol

If wish all three of these coaches would return for a run in the American. It’s a wish 😕 

• Upvote 2