Gumms Entering Portal

BillySee58

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I can’t blame Gumms for this. He may well have been offered life-changing money for this. The fact of the matter is, we just flat don’t have the means to pay like the P5s do. Our NIL is paltry compared to many. I hate tampering as much as the rest of you but that is on the NCAA and the coaches doing the tampering. The players just have to make the decision that best sets them up for success in life. 

e0dcb60c-b4d9-438a-8476-da755777b6c0_tex

No shot he's getting life changing money, but I guess life changing is a matter of preference/opinion. 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Amaro caught 106 Morris' first year there. He and Cumbie were each Co-Oc with Morris over inside receivers and Cumbie over outside receivers and the Texas Tech coach profile pages give him direct credit for Amaro who's not even mentioned on Cumbie's page. Just because he doesn't actively seek out TEs for his offense, doesn't mean he wouldn't use a special talent at TE if he had it.

Also, worth noting Washington state had zero TEs on the roster when Morris got there.

Yeah I definitely agree he would’ve used Gumms, similar to how he did when he inherited Amaro. That’s not my point. I just don’t think Tight End is going to be a big part of Morris’ offense otherwise.

He got one committed for 2024 so I think he will use one, but I think base offense will be 10 personnel.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2023 at 1:15 PM, MGNation92 said:

How do we know its OU? Could be anywhere. 

If it is OU, and it's because of Seth, then my view of "he's a good man, just a bad HC" will go to "he's both a bad man and a bad HC", and I will be even more thankful we fired him.

But let's see where the cards fall. He might go to Cal with Bloesch, or LSU, who offered him out of high school, or hell with Deion at Colorado. I guarantee you plenty of P5's would love to have him

If it's not OU, then they are celebrating on twitter for no reason.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, ADLER said:

If it's not OU, then they are celebrating on twitter for no reason.

The kid was purchased like a $3 whore. Why should we respect his decision?

Yep.  They were celebrating before this hit our board.  Zero respect for this kid after what he stated on the podcast.  No character, he can and has been bought.  It will catch up with him.  

The whole "respect my decision" message they post is nothing more than a cut and paste from all the other kids walking around with their hand out.  Sad thing is that some of these kids take these NIL offers to heart and think this is how life will be going forward.  Better continue to hit the books because life hits back.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Sad thing is that some of these kids take these NIL offers to heart and think this is how life will be going forward. 

You mean where people pay bonuses and higher salaries to get you to leave your current job for theirs?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Yeah I definitely agree he would’ve used Gumms, similar to how he did when he inherited Amaro. That’s not my point. I just don’t think Tight End is going to be a big part of Morris’ offense otherwise.

He got one committed for 2024 so I think he will use one, but I think base offense will be 10 personnel.

Will be interesting to see. There's a 247 article from when he got to WSU where he expressed a desire to use TEs but they had none, and I do literally mean zero, on the roster in 2021. In 2022, his only year there, they had 8. Don't quote me here but 2 or 3 were transitioned to TE from other positions, 2 or 3 were transfers, and the others had no history on their WSU profiles but didn't play. Regardless, he made it a point to bring on 8 TEs in his only season there. Lack of production could have simply been due to lack of experience and/or talent.

Incarnate Word is tough to gage with it being an FCS. I'd imagine most of your athletic pass catching TEs are going the FBS route.

Time will tell but I doubt Gumms left because Morris hates TEs. There's something else going on here.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I will.  Just look above.  Kid has zero character.  Bye.

I think if there's any time to feel that way this is as good of an example as there can be I get it.

This isn't a 17 year old backing out of a commitment it's someone who doubled and tripled down on staying here only to leave ONE day in to spring practice. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tmjerm said:

#respectmydecision is about as lame as it gets.  You don't ask for respect, geek.  That said, I agree with the sentiment that this doesn't necessarily make him or Seth (assuming he was involved) a "bad person"....they're just playing the game the NCAA allows them to and they're competitors.  But selfishly, yes, F em.  #GMG

If the law allowed you to rob a bank with no penalty, would you still rob a bank?  I have enough integrity that would never happen.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Man wants to play P5 ball and secure a large chunk of NIL money, he's already proven himself in the G5 by becoming an All-American. 

Coaches do what's best for themselves, glad the kids can too. If he was transferring to UNT, you guys would be jumping for joy.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, Cougar King said:

Man wants to play P5 ball, he's already proven himself in the G5 becoming an All-American.

Coaches do what's best for themselves, glad the kids can too. If he was transferring to UNT, you guys would be jumping for joy.

It's the timing of it that all but concludes to tampering. And if he wanted to actually leave, he could've and should've left in January. It's Seth Littrell trying to get good boy pats on the head by Venebles. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1