Wisconsin (3/28/23)

CMJ

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

I just don't get why they went to Vegas then picked one of the oldest arenas in town. Not that I think they'd sell out. UVU and Wisconsin will probably travel well but I imagine there won't be nearly as many general basketball fans there like there is at MSG.

My guess is the Orleans was the only one that really bid on it.  Plus, the NCAA (and arguably ESPN) folks wouldn't want any venue too large because it'd just make any lack of crowd look bad on TV.  

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JR Fenny said:

Need some love and support from the GMG crowd. My daughter, born and raised Wisconsin, is interning in the UNT Sports Medicine Department. She was a AT for the football team and was talked into staying for the spring semester and is now the AT for the softball team. Really tough day for her as she bleeds Badger Red but is very close with many of the athletes. She is also taking her NAT Boards today so wish her luck!

I have watched more UNT Football, Basketball and Softball this year that you can imagine. This is going to be an interesting game as these two are mirror images defensively which makes the offensive side of the game a real knock-down-drag-out kind of game. All I can say is there will be no real losers in our house tonight. - Best of luck and GMG and On Wisconsin!

Welcome to the Mean Green family!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Eady?  I noticed on the pic of him stepping off the plane that he had a hard cast on his hand.  I think it has been reported that it is broken.  Is that correct?  Will he try to play?  Anyone know anything?

I think he has played a couple games already with it.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I just don't get why they went to Vegas then picked one of the oldest arenas in town. Not that I think they'd sell out. UVU and Wisconsin will probably travel well but I imagine there won't be nearly as many general basketball fans there like there is at MSG.

This is the only year it's in Vegas.  Next year it moves to Indy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Eady?  I noticed on the pic of him stepping off the plane that he had a hard cast on his hand.  I think it has been reported that it is broken.  Is that correct?  Will he try to play?  Anyone know anything?

Word has it, broken hand. Will try to play if he's able to deal with the pain and cast.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

This is the only year it's in Vegas.  Next year it moves to Indy.

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

Yeah, it seems it's gonna be like the NCAA Tournament now and move every year.  Perhaps it might settle in one city eventually but the next couple of years it's gonna be nomadic.

Have either of you been to Hinkle Fieldhouse, and/or can you vouch for its supposed legend status?

Will Indianapolis show up for the NIT when Butler itself has been mediocre for most of the past five years?

54 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Have either of you been to Hinkle Fieldhouse, and/or can you vouch for its supposed legend status?

Will Indianapolis show up for the NIT when Butler itself has been mediocre for most of the past five years?

Haven't been there.  But I wouldn't consider Indianapolis a destination city, for players or fans, like New York and Las Vegas are.   Not a reward.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Haven't been there.  But I wouldn't consider Indianapolis a destination city, for players or fans, like New York and Las Vegas are.   Not a reward.

I have been to Indy a couple of times for business and really like the town.  True, it isn't a destination like some other towns, but there are fun things to do there if you look around.  I drove by Hinkle and it is awesome if you like the old style, fieldhouse type venues which I do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMJ said:

Hinkle is a legendary venue.  I've never been, but I'd love to see a game there.

As far as the city showing up...maybe?  Indiana LOVES basketball.

Hinkle is awesome!  I went to the UNT NCAA game in 2021 and Indy is a great sports city.  I’d go back anytime I got the opportunity!

Edited by 2020 Sucks
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

UW 14 -------- NT 8

14:59 to go

The Badgers are killing us from the outside.  Need to shore up the perimeter defense.

They can’t stay that hot right…. Right…. We are missing our depth. It’s a pipe dream but wish Moore would come it and just knock down a few threes. Almost how Hardy has done for the Mavs even though he is awful on defense. 

• Upvote 1