Wisconsin (3/28/23)

CMJ

10 hours ago, NT80 said:

FanDuel summary and prediction...

"Just like the odds imply, I fully expect a close game. However, North Texas' superior defensive play will take it to the final round."    Final Score Prediction: North Texas: 66 | Wisconsin: 62

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/wisconsin-vs-north-texas-prediction-odds-best-bet-march-28-nit-tournament-game-01gw7tmamddb

My LORD I don’t know how I’ll be able to contain myself, 2 major wins in 1 week is a dream.

Also, 5 pages in and it’s Friday!!!!! This is something else

• Upvote 6

On 3/22/2023 at 1:47 PM, Travis said:

Will we have Abou?!?!?!?!

The athletic department has remained pretty quiet about this due to privacy issues. It is considered a "family" situation and he isn't quitting or skipping out on the team. He will most likely not be able to play and when the season is over they will be able to explain the situation. Grant and his staff have things covered and know if he will be able to play or not so I trust we will be prepared. Probably better to have a quicker big man like Martinez or Sissoko guarding their 7 footer that likes to shoot 3's. Without Abou we will need to stay out of foul trouble! 

• Upvote 7

On 3/24/2023 at 1:27 PM, Shark 64 said:

The athletic department has remained pretty quiet about this due to privacy issues. It is considered a "family" situation and he isn't quitting or skipping out on the team. He will most likely not be able to play and when the season is over they will be able to explain the situation. Grant and his staff have things covered and know if he will be able to play or not so I trust we will be prepared. Probably better to have a quicker big man like Martinez or Sissoko guarding their 7 footer that likes to shoot 3's. Without Abou we will need to stay out of foul trouble! 

He’s not coming back.  The writing was on the wall early this season…Reem was always the coach that could talk him down.  When this season started and Reem wasn’t there to insulate him and keep him up, he was not the player/teammate they needed.  With Sissoko’s rapid development, he knew he could leave the team in good hands and I’m certain, he was encouraged to go find another place to play.  The post season is a bonus…and he essentially elected not to be a part of it. No hard feelings.  He gave the team what he had to offer and he benefited from them as well.  It was a win-win in my book. Wish him the best, and I would not be surprised to see him in a KState jersey next season.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Video of Wisconsin shooting at the Orleans Arena yesterday.  I mostly post this so we can see what the arena looks like.

https://madison.com/sports/college/basketball/men/wisconsin-mens-basketball-practices-before-nit-semifinal-matchup-with-north-texas/video_98723002-6ca6-516b-9dbd-0ea3c54aff53.html

Edited by CMJ

53 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Video of Wisconsin shooting at the Orleans Arena yesterday.  I mostly post this so we can see what the arena looks like.

https://madison.com/sports/college/basketball/men/wisconsin-mens-basketball-practices-before-nit-semifinal-matchup-with-north-texas/video_98723002-6ca6-516b-9dbd-0ea3c54aff53.html

Take a Tour

• Puking Eagle 2

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

I don't think video form will make that dump look better than MSG either.

LOL, it won't ever be MSG.  However, considering that's Gonzaga's second home I'm not gonna turn my nose up at it either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

LOL, it won't ever be MSG.  However, considering that's Gonzaga's second home I'm not gonna turn my nose up at it either.

I just don't get why they went to Vegas then picked one of the oldest arenas in town. Not that I think they'd sell out. UVU and Wisconsin will probably travel well but I imagine there won't be nearly as many general basketball fans there like there is at MSG.