Wisconsin (3/28/23)

CMJ

22 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

You don't know how bad I wish this was still being played in NYC... I'd have my tickets booked and my hotel set up in the Upper East Side. Greatest city in the world and instead they've gotta play in Vegas

They said on the UAB game tonight that because NYC/MSG is hosting the NCAA Sweet 16 this week (FAU), that the arena opted out of the NIT.   

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

I the, that wasn’t the question. Do you…do do do you like the Badgers?

37 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

I the, that wasn’t the question. Do you…do do do you like the Badgers?

For those completely confused...

https://www.theunticket.com/do-you-like-this-gig-greggo/

Well played golfingomez....well played.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

47 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Well, we probably all should given he's one of us and is reeling through something. 

If that’s truly the case, then I’ll apologize.  But this feels more and more like a smoke screen given that he only played 12 min vs Alcorn and has been remarkably ineffective and inconsistent.  Grant and Ross have been in his face more than any player I’ve ever seen during their time here.  Additionally, with 10 points and 15 rebounds from Sissoko, the point was that he wasn’t missed at all on the floor.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

Welcome! The only nice thing I can say about Wisconsin is that my wife thinks your mascot Bucky is adorable. 

In all seriousness we are glad to be playing a storied program like UW. I'm not the best at summarizing these things but I'll give it a shot. We play a slow deliberate offense, the slowest in the country, and will usually run the clock down to 0 on almost every shot. Our starting  big is most likely out for this game with a family issue, but his replacement Sissoko had a career game vs. OK State. We probably won't go down low a lot, opting more for backdoor cuts or one of our guards driving to the lane. We like to shoot the 3 with various players able to hit, but Tylor Perry is our best shooter followed by Huntsberry. Perry is known for clutch 3s in either late clock situations or crucial last minutes of play.  We play a very active and stifling defense, mostly man to man, but sometimes we switch to zone. 

We are all hoping for a good game, and a Mean Green victory 😉 

1. Slow pace - that’s our brand, too. Though we don’t stand around waiting for the clock to go down unless we’re protecting a late lead.
2. is your Sissoko related to the Michigan State Sissoko?

3. UW has been susceptible to slashing guards getting to the rim

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

If that’s truly the case, then I’ll apologize.  But this feels more and more like a smoke screen given that he only played 12 min vs Alcorn and has been remarkably ineffective and inconsistent.  Grant and Ross have been in his face more than any player I’ve ever seen during their time here.  Additionally, with 10 points and 15 rebounds from Sissoko, the point was that he wasn’t missed at all on the floor.

hmm. asshole. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, formerlybis said:

1. Slow pace - that’s our brand, too. Though we don’t stand around waiting for the clock to go down unless we’re protecting a late lead.
2. is your Sissoko related to the Michigan State Sissoko?

3. UW has been susceptible to slashing guards getting to the rim

No relation though they are both from Mali. I had wondered that too when I heard they also had a Sissoko. 

• Upvote 2

I guess since we're the best remaining seed, we'll wear the home whites in both games (if we beat Wisconsin).

EDIT: Actually if they're doing this with S curve, the Badgers are probably a better 2 seed than we are, so they may get to wear the home jersey.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

UAB will run through UVU. We got to do our part and meet them there. We definitely have the more difficult road. 

do not sleep on uvu....they are damn good.  had 1 bad game in the semis of their tourney.  they will give uab all they want, i expect them to win

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, THOR said:

do not sleep on uvu....they are damn good.  had 1 bad game in the semis of their tourney.  they will give uab all they want, i expect them to win

They looked solid last night, but they were really playing through that home crowd. I think uab will bully them inside them gaines and walker will run circles around their guards. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, THOR said:

I expect them to win as well. They're a very athletic team with a skilled 7 footer who was a force against Cincy. UAB will have their hands full.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

They looked solid last night, but they were really playing through that home crowd. I think uab will bully them inside them gaines and walker will run circles around their guards. 

I suspect the crowd in Vegas will be heavily in their favor.

• Upvote 2