DCTF: Top Ten OL

As previously mentioned, DCTF doesn't do great research. Their college coverage could improve. They have a Texas State and UTSA homer creating the lists. Their podcast network recently expanded to improve the coverage. However, the 2 guys covering for us now don't have insights into the program anymore. One covers LSU full time (he does a good job) and the other has a full time job working nights (he mentions it every podcast). 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

As previously mentioned, DCTF doesn't do great research. Their college coverage could improve. They have a Texas State and UTSA homer creating the lists. Their podcast network recently expanded to improve the coverage. However, the 2 guys covering for us now don't have insights into the program anymore. One covers LSU full time (he does a good job) and the other has a full time job working nights (he mentions it every podcast). 

Agreed, DC's is a joke now and their coverage of us sucks.  The two guys covering us are nice but have multiple other jobs and it shows.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

The Green Room is the best UNT podcast. Excited to see what they’ll do under the DCTF umbrella. 

2 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

The Green Room is the best UNT podcast. Excited to see what they’ll do under the DCTF umbrella. 

I personally appreciate all of the different people providing podcasts. Sad that some have to try and take shots at those who are at least trying to help with Mean Green information.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

I've seen all the podcasts and such.  Which, in your opinion, is the best? Or a personal favorite?

Brune has lost some of his connections since he went to LSU, but I am still intrigued.  He still has good perspective, a healthy amount of Mean Green blood flowing in him, and now the support of Dave Campbell.  I think the latter means he has some resources he hasn't had before, and I am excited to see how the next couple seasons unfold for him.  I don't think he is completely lost to LSU.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I personally appreciate all of the different people providing podcasts. Sad that some have to try and take shots at those who are at least trying to help with Mean Green information.

This is a college football fan board. I stated an opinion. However, since you're offended I'll clarify. 

I don't hate the green room, I think Brune is great. I regularly listen to their podcast. I think that the other co-host could add little more insight/detail around his analysis. But I do appreciate that they are supporting the program.

I think the ROTF podcast is not so great. They do the bare minimum research and it shows.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

This is a college football fan board. I stated an opinion. However, since you're offended I'll clarify. 

I don't hate the green room, I think Brune is great. I regularly listen to their podcast. I think that the other co-host could add little more insight/detail around his analysis. But I do appreciate that they are supporting the program.

I think the ROTF podcast is not so great. They do the bare minimum research and it shows.

The ROTF is the best Texas CFB podcast, IMO. They do their best to give all FBS programs equal coverage. I really have no idea how you come away thinking they don’t do their research. Regardless of what you think about Craven, Johnson, and Hartley individually, as a team they know their stuff. 

• Upvote 1

As @jtm0097 mentioned research is hard and labor intensive.  Offensive lineman in particular are very hard to judge unless you get access to the film coaches get and spend hours reviewing it.  And  if you haven't played the position at least the DII level,  ideally you would need an impartial offensive line coach to watch the film with you to confirm you observation and notes.  Because a good coach can gameplay in a way to cover a particular lineman's weaknesses.  And if they are great they can do it so well mediocre opposing coaches won't even see the weakness in tape until there is a whole season of tape of a lineman taking snaps.   There is a brutal yet beautiful dance going on in the trenches every snap unless one side is just getting dominated over 80% of the game.  Let say you spend a conservative time watching 2 hours for each FBS school in Texas that is 24 hours of game tape.   I am pretty sure DTCF is not committing that amount of resources for a tweet.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

The ROTF is the best Texas CFB podcast, IMO. They do their best to give all FBS programs equal coverage. I really have no idea how you come away thinking they don’t do their research. Regardless of what you think about Craven, Johnson, and Hartley individually, as a team they know their stuff. 

Ok you are trolling now. There have been multiple instances where they state things that are simply not true or are unrealistic. One podcast was the Texas State versus North Texas hires. Another was in regard to details around our recruits. I mean just the other day Greg Powers took @TheReal_jayD junior day visitor list and published it as his own. Their player ranking lists are full of bias as mentioned here. I have been a subscriber of the magazine for a few years now, but it's even not as good as it use to be. There are typos in articles and sections they have cut out.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Oh Boy! 1

14 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Salesman Buying A Car GIF by Carter Chevrolet