Oklahoma State (3/21/23)

greenminer

who you got?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. North Texas @ Oklahoma State

• Mean Green
    • Cowpokes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/23/2023 at 01:00 AM

49 minutes ago, NT80 said:

It certainly wasn't sold out on any level today...

Watching on TV it appeared slightly more full than that.  It was definitely less than Wisconsin and Vandy for sure.  Both of those schools 2nd round games seemed pretty near capacity.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BigWillie said:

This is another way I thought we kinda got screwed. How do we only have 2 days between games and a #4 seed like Cincinnati who played on Sat get 3 days?

Well, 6 of the quarterfinalists played yesterday so multiple teams were gonna have to play Sun/Tue.  Just wish we weren't included.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, BigWillie said:

This is another way I thought we kinda got screwed. How do we only have 2 days between games and a #4 seed like Cincinnati who played on Sat get 3 days?

Yes, I wish we had the Wednesday game instead.  Although, the Wednesday games are on ESPN2 and Tuesday games are on ESPN!  We would face the winner of Oregon/Wisconsin in Vega$.

2023-nit-bracket-quarterfinals.jpg

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, BigWillie said:

OSU has the same amount of time to prepare and I would think we would be the more difficult team to prepare for with Abou's availability still in question.  Nobody got screwed.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

14 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Spread right now is OSU -5

Take us and the points now because this line will shrink.

My match-ups.

7'1" Cisse: Abou/Sissoko draw this assignment and both can handle it just fine.  Cisse is the Big XII Defensive POY.  Averaged 7.2 points per game, 6.5 rebounds and 1.86 blocks per game.

6'9" F Smith: Aaron Scott gets Smith who does the dirty work for OSU, much like Scott for us.  Averages 3.5 pts and 2.8 rebounds.

6'3" G Asberry: My guess is Kai draws this assignment.  A transfer from TX St., so the poor guy knows what it is like to lose to us in the post-season.  Second helpings are provided.  9.6 pts per game shooting 39% from the field and 34% from beyond the arc.  Prior to the E. WA game, Asberry had scored in double figures in eight straight games with a high of 24 against TX Tech.

6'1" G Wright: TP.  Wright transferred in this year and started all 35 games for the Pokes.  He averages 30 minutes per contest and 9.9 pts. on 37%/35% shooting from the field.

6'6" Thompson: Eady/Jones.  11.9 pts. per game and OSU's leading scorer.

• Upvote 3