UTSA's 6-11" center Jacob Germany in transfer portal

ADLER

10 minutes ago, BleedingGreen said:

I wasn’t a fan of his body language on the court .

I wouldn't have good body language either playing for that dumpster fire of a basketball program masquerading as a D-1 program in a high school gym. Hell ya. 6-11 center, rated .89 out of high school... Let's take him! My guess is that he is looking for a high end D-1 conference now given he has limited time left to play and already played for a mid-level conference.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

Hell ya. 6-11 center, rated .89 out of high school... Let's take him! My guess is that he is looking for a high end D-1 conference now given he has limited time left to play and already played for a mid-level conference.  

We'll see. It was like dejavu all over again as UAB embarrassingly shut us out to start the game just like La Tech did last year. We desperately need some inside strength to relieve some of the pressure on an often undersized Abou and provide some high percentage scoring. That's what having a second capable big power forward could provide.

We absolutely tanked in games in games when Abou fouled out. We were up 46-37 on FAU when Abou fouled out. FAU then went on an uncontested run and won 50-46, that 13 straight points in the final 3:54. We need interior strength and depth. A player like Jacob would have provided that difference, and in the Rice game too, and in the Charlotte game...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It sure he would be a valuable addition due to the fact that he’s only got one year left.  Our newcomers seem to take November to January to gel in this system.  He isn’t strong and I recall him trying to block a lot of shots from behind.  Abou owned him…and Abou is Abou.