Sissoko>Abou?

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

When Abou is in the post, I feel that he’ll usually get off a good shot. When Sissoko is in the post, I’m hoping he doesn’t turn the ball over. 

They both are contributors, but in different ways. The team needs both to have a good game tomorrow. 

And that is what was thought of in Abou’s first year. He made a major jump in year two. I think we are getting more out of Sissoko in year one. Hopefully we see a similar jump in ability next year as well. We need them both. 

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

When Abou is in the post, I feel that he’ll usually get off a good shot. When Sissoko is in the post, I’m hoping he doesn’t turn the ball over. 

They both are contributors, but in different ways. The team needs both to have a good game tomorrow. 

Unfortunately,  the team practice photos didn't have Abou in them... I don't think he is going to play. That hurts us.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

8 minutes ago, NT80 said:

This is from a Texas Tech fan message board:

Raider89R
Posted on 13 mins, , User Since 75 months ago, User Post Count: 2385

"Need to make it a package deal so hopefully he’d be bringing both Tylor Perry and Moulaye Sissoko as well."

And BMD also think like this and this type of stuff happens and nothing comes of it. C. H. E. A. T. I. N. G. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, NT80 said:

This is from a Texas Tech fan message board:

Raider89R
Posted on 13 mins, , User Since 75 months ago, User Post Count: 2385

"Need to make it a package deal so hopefully he’d be bringing both Tylor Perry and Moulaye Sissoko as well."

College would be worse than the NBA if crap like that started happening all the time. NCAA needs to clearly state 4 years, one transfer, one red shirt, and cap the NIL. It’s not rocket science….

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, Hookset said:

I still think we missed Abu, but a great time for Sissoko to have a career game!!!

Sissoko stepped up against a Big 12 opponent. 

Might I add 15 rebounds against the 2023 All Big 12 Defensive player as well as 2022 Co-Defensive Player of the year...

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 6

On 3/20/2023 at 3:50 AM, ADLER said:

I like Sissoko a lot and I am thrilled we have him. But at this point Moulaye needs a lot of training and experience.

To see what Moulaye could become, please look no further than this example, with both at 6-9" 240, the similarities are uncanny:

Michigan State roster

Very similar, though no relation that I know of.

On 3/20/2023 at 11:43 AM, GrandGreen said:

Both Sissoko and Ousmane are very valuable pieces of NT's team.   Ousmane as inconsistent as he has been is able to dominance games.   Sisscoko may have improved more than anyone in the last year. 

Morgan is an unknown, but with McCasland's reluctance to play deep bench players; it is hard to determine how good he is. Being  that all three are underclassmen, it does not appear that recruiting a big is a high priority. 

Retaining Perry and Huntsberry has to be the major emphasis in recruiting. 

Eady, Martinez, and Browne are apparently out of eligibility, but who can tell these days.  

On 3/20/2023 at 9:28 PM, Glory to the Green said:

These posts aged well against a good Big 12 team!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

College would be worse than the NBA if crap like that started happening all the time. NCAA needs to clearly state 4 years, one transfer, one red shirt, and cap the NIL. It’s not rocket science….

The NCAA is waiting for congress to act. If the NCAA imposes these restrictions and get sued by student athletes, the entire NCAA student-athlete model could fold in court. NCAA clearly doesn’t want that. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/35857163/house-hold-hearing-nil-rights-new-ncaa-president?platform=amp

Edited by C Rod
  • Haha 1