Bought a flight and ticket to Vegas for 3/28 to 3/31

aztecskin

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

Im so jealous of everyone going. These experiences are lifelong memories.

enjoy your trip. Please feel free to share your photos here.

Definitely will, should be a lot of fun for the players and fans.

There’s a bar (shocker) like within walking distance of the arena and hotel that I know of at least 5-6 people are meeting up at.

14 hours ago, aztecskin said:

I have arrived. 

Ready to party

Pace yourself.  I didn't for the first NOLA Bowl and almost missed it.

(Ugly story for another day.  I thank a buddy to this day for getting me to the game)

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Pace yourself.  I didn't for the first NOLA Bowl and almost missed it.

I had an old friend from Talons who closed down Bourbon Street the night before the game.  I think he dropped like 900 bucks.  He didn't know our room number and he had to try practically every room on our wing of the hotel before he found the right one.  He got in as the other three of us were waking up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I had an old friend from Talons who closed down Bourbon Street the night before the game.  I think he dropped like 900 bucks.  He didn't know our room number and he had to try practically every room on our wing of the hotel before he found the right one.  He got in as the other three of us were waking up.

We spent game day with lunch at Pat O's and then the afternoon at the Cat's Meow with their damn 3 for 1 drink special.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We spent game day with lunch at Pat O's and then the afternoon at the Cat's Meow with their damn 3 for 1 drink special.

I still think he has you beat.  The fact he had to try the damn key card in on about 30 rooms before he found ours still cracks me up over 20 years later.  I also forgot to mention at some point during the night he must have fallen because his glasses fell off and someone stepped on them.  So the next day I had to go help him get a replacement pair.

Edited by CMJ
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I still think he has you beat.  The fact he had to try the damn key card in on about 30 rooms before he found ours still cracks me up over 20 years later.  I also forgot to mention at some point during the night he must have fallen because his glasses fell off and someone stepped on them.  So the next day I had to go help him get a replacement pair.

Yes, thankfully I didn't get lost but those 3 for 1's hit me like a woman scorned on the shuttle back to the hotel.  Great memory, kind of, but glad those days are fading in my rearview mirror.

Hung out with my friend. The only thing that was silly was me locking myself out of the room this morning. Put the room service trey out and the door was heavier than I thought. Fortunately the cleaning person was across the hall. Saved me a barefoot walk to the front desk with no id and no phone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

Hung out with my friend. The only thing that was silly was me locking myself out of the room this morning. Put the room service trey out and the door was heavier than I thought. Fortunately the cleaning person was across the hall. Saved me a barefoot walk to the front desk with no id and no phone. 

Could have been a way worse situation than being barefoot too. There's probably not a one of us that at a certain point in their life hasn't made a quick dash in the buff.

• Upvote 1